iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shooting house

Started by Joey Grimes, August 11, 2017, 08:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey Grimes

I built a shooting house 5x6for upcoming deer season using trim boards and miss cuts I've been saving. Beacause all the siding boards are different thickness I put thin battens on the inside .

94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

WV Sawmiller

Joey,

Pretty fancy looking shooting house there. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

The last one I built was 6X6 sloping from 7' to 6' and I used 2 sheets of OSB for the roof so had a foot of overhang on all sides. That size works well for me even when I have a granddaughter along to help. I had to build it on site as no way to transport a finished building to the location. I had to carry individual boards to the site although I caught a long dry spell and was able to get the OSB  and shingles in on my ATV. I built mine on locust poles about 8' above ground on a point between 2 draws which is in range of several natural crossings with great visibility on all sides. I put a 2' wide door on one side against one wall and can shoot out that side too. My openings are a little wider than yours as I bow hunt a lot out of mine. I have killed deer from all sides so far.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Savannahdan

Add a flap door and countertop board to the front so the kids can use it for a lemonade stand. Nice stand!
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

terrifictimbersllc

Be careful that might qualify as baiting woodworkers.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!