iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drying 8/4 cherry

Started by Rugby, January 18, 2007, 07:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rugby

I have about 1000 feet of 8/4 cherry to dry.  I need a schedule for use with my Nyle L-150 kiln.  Can anyone help me.  Also the same info for 8/4 walnut would be useful.

oakiemac

Welcome to the only sawmill and forestry forum that you will get good info from. :)

I dry 8/4 walnut and cherry all the time on a Nyle L200. Section 2 in your manual will tell you where to start depending on MC of lumber going into the kiln. If your chamber is big enough you should be able to dry the walnut and cherry together since they are similar drying.

Let us know how it turns out!

Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Ga_Boy

Welcome to the FF Rugby.

I can not help with a DH unit, if you were running a conventional kiln I could help.

Steve will give you good assistance.  I dry Cherry and Black Walnut in the same charge in my kiln.  I am running an experiment on my next charge of Cherry and Walnut, I am adding some Black Locust and Holly. :P ???

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Rugby

Thanks oakiemac

My manual does not have any information on drying 8/4 lumber at all.  Tried to get info from Nyle, but they have not answered my request.  Would appreciate any info that you can provide.

Don_Lewis

Nyle has not made the L150 for about 15 years so perhaps you have a very early manual. The manual instructs to use the Group 3 steps when drying 8/4 Cherry. But go by the drying rate as the control when above 25% especially, that is dry at no more than 2% per day. Don't hesitate to phone Nyle if you have any questions at any time.

oakiemac

Rugby if you still need help let me know, I can tell you what my manual says or just call Nyle they are usually pretty helpful.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Rugby

Thanks all.
The drying rate was all I needed to get started.   

Thank You Sponsors!