iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grits and More

Started by Magicman, November 07, 2019, 04:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

At least that is what it was.

I will admit that I had already eaten one shrimp before I thought about taking a picture.

The lady seated behind me noticed my Veteran's Hat

And in addition to thanking me for my service paid for and told the waitress to treat us to the dessert of our choice.  It was a Pecan something and Good.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lxskllr

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

It was probably the grits, not the hat. She must have been a real classy dame. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

Boy,that more sure does look good. :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

olcowhand

Lynn,
I believe that's the first time in my (not that short...) life that I've seen an image of something with the word "Grits" in it and I thought I'd like to try that. :D
Combine that with the pic of that "Pecan Something" dessert and a story of how you were treated by a stranger, you hit my "Feel Good" Trifecta, my friend. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. You're a Hero to those of us that have been benefitted from your wisdom, and even strangers can see it.
Have a great day; I know you made ours better.
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Magicman

Awww Shucks, and Thank You for your kind words Steve.  :)

Sorta embarrassing but now I realize that you have found out that I am really your long lost Rich Uncle and you are expecting a large inheritance when I kick the bucket butt log.  I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I must reveal that I ain't who I say I am.  Now if I revealed who I really am, it would blow my cover and then I wouldn't know who I am......
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

olcowhand, bud, you really need to try shrimp and grits.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sawguy21

Double up on the shrimp and pass on the grits ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

olcowhand

Quote from: Magicman on November 07, 2019, 07:48:21 PM
Awww Shucks, and Thank You for your kind words Steve.  :)

Sorta embarrassing but now I realize that you have found out that I am really your long lost Rich Uncle and you are expecting a large inheritance when I kick the bucket butt log.  I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I must reveal that I ain't who I say I am.  Now if I revealed who I really am, it would blow my cover and then I wouldn't know who I am......
Lynn,
None of my Mississippi- based Uncles were rich, but I still got a rich inheritance of sorts (where I learned the value of Work ethic and Biscuits and Gravy....).
No worries.... Whoever you say you are is good enough for me.
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

petefrom bearswamp

This thread reminds me that I need to whip up a batch of Red Mill grits soon.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

K-Guy

I've never had grits, not real popular in Canada or Maine where I live now.

My next trip down south I'll have to try them. 
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

sawguy21

The local grocery store carries them, called Polenta here. I tried them at a Denny's restaurant, only place I have seen them served in Canada. Probably instant, they were ok but I wouldn't order them again.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Texas Ranger

Paula Deans cheese grits, try 'em.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

GAB

Quote from: sawguy21 on November 07, 2019, 11:12:59 PM
Double up on the shrimp and pass on the grits ;D
Now that sounds like Ray of the C Farm talk!
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!