dgdrls

Found this beauty on the web in Nova Scotia,

Barret sawmill, can't seem to find other info on it,

Anyone know about these??

Best
DGDrls

drobertson

Never have, I can't quite make out where the carriage is,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

two-legged-sawmill

Must be Mr. Barret near Truro,NS. Back in the early 80's I bought 10 post peeler sharpener's from him. He was a good inovator!, built equipment on the cheap with good salvaged material.Made a good chainsaw mill also. The picture you show was the color the post peeler's were painted also. He came to the Empire Farm Days a few years later, last time I saw him, if I run accross more info I will post!  Dan
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

beenthere

QuoteI can't quite make out where the carriage is

There is a carriage sitting on the ground to the left in the pic, looks like to me.   ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dgdrls

Quote from: two-legged-sawmill on August 24, 2013, 01:57:13 PM
Must be Mr. Barret near Truro,NS. Back in the early 80's I bought 10 post peeler sharpener's from him. He was a good inovator!, built equipment on the cheap with good salvaged material.Made a good chainsaw mill also. The picture you show was the color the post peeler's were painted also. He came to the Empire Farm Days a few years later, last time I saw him, if I run accross more info I will post!  Dan

T.L. Sawmill. Dan,  Thanks for the info,  you close to Syr??
If your up to it drop me a line I always enjoy the opportunity to meet FF members.

Thanks
DGDrls also Dan!

drobertson

Good eye! beenthere, you have an eye for details! ;D   see it now,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

reddirobbi

I just acquired a unit build by Barrett Mills.  I will upload some pics.

Plate stamped CMRR 10001, not sure what that means.  I found the email address of the owner according to a forest product brochure from the Newfoundland government and asked if there was any info on it.  No response yet.  I am not sure these would ever have come with an operators manual?

Other than the pictures on this thread, a short facebook video of Loch View Farms operating one, these do not appear to be around anymore.  At least not online.

Interested in any info that anyone may have.

Thanks!

NewRossSteve

NewRossSteve

i just purchased a similar mill.  will post some pictures soon.  

moodnacreek

Reminds me of a Utilizer sawmill.

Thank You Sponsors!