iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One of our members in the news

Started by kelLOGg, July 11, 2016, 07:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelLOGg

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

That was a well written article that described the process very accurately.  Scott, your knowledge and capabilities are awesome. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Czech_Made

red

Excellent job , but I thought Customsawyer had his eye on some of those Monsters ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

fat olde elf

Thanks for posting this great article Kellog !! Our friend Scott continues to amaze. I remember his work at our Blue Skies and Tall Trees event with that historic saw Tom....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

redbeard

Great story Scott, your capabilities to cut wide and log really attracts the unique jobs. I have been following your work and learning alot, Iam setting up my business in the same direction, thank you for sharing Kellogg
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

plowboyswr

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Percy

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

scsmith42

Guys, thanks for the kind words.  The reporter really took the time to understand the process and "get it right".  I think that she did a pretty good job.

Here is a link to the article that shows that big log being felled:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/community/durham-news/article80537857.html

That photo of the big tree really makes a statement!  I sure hated to see it cut down.

On a separate note, I'm thinking very seriously about modifying my slabber so that I can increase my maximum cut width from 6' to 7'  I don't think that it will be too difficult - probably a day or two's worth of aluminum fab plus having a custom bar manufactured.  I have several logs to mill that are greater than 6' wide, so I think that it will be worthwhile.

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Amelia Farms

Woodmizer LT40, wish it was hydraulic.

jmouton

that was a really cool article ,,  good story,  i can only hope to do some big logs like that in the future,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Thank You Sponsors!