iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Replacement Engine Cover

Started by Magicman, December 12, 2012, 01:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Some of you may have a very worn sawmill engine cover that needs replacing and WM has only two of these left:       
Cover Kit, D30/D33/G36 & Console    Sale Price $56.00     List Price $110.00 Fits Lombardini 30HP, Cat 33HP, Nissan 36HP.

My cover for my 40 hp Lombardini was badly worn and tattered, so I decide to take a chance on it fitting.  While it did not exactly fit, it does cover the engine very well, especially for half price.

You also get a new cover for the control box.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

My mill cover needs some restitching, here and there, but otherwise is still in pretty good condition!

My S-Dad has a sewing awl, so that's probably what I'll use!

Those covers for half price are a real good deal, people should be jumping on them.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I had stitched my exhaust boot back on several times, but now there was not much to stitch to.   :-\
They only had 4 of the covers when I ordered mine, and now it shows that they have 2 left.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dudaks

I took advantage of this deal when I first got my mill and it is well worth it. I use the second engine cover to get complete coverage of the console and the hydraulic box.

Dudaks

OOps forgot to mention I ordered 2 sets! Hard to go wrong at that price to protect your investment.

Tom L

Quote from: Magicman on December 12, 2012, 01:29:28 PM
Some of you may have a very worn sawmill engine cover that needs replacing and WM has only two of these left:       
Cover Kit, D30/D33/G36 & Console    Sale Price $56.00     List Price $110.00 Fits Lombardini 30HP, Cat 33HP, Nissan 36HP.

My cover for my 40 hp Lombardini was badly worn and tattered, so I decide to take a chance on it fitting.  While it did not exactly fit, it does cover the engine very well, especially for half price.

You also get a new cover for the control box.

magic man     
do you tow with the covers on or off? I have a console cover that I towed with last week and it did ok
I have a full cover for my lt40 and it is not for towing,
does the engine cover allow you to tow with it?

Chuck White

Not to steal the question, but I tow with the cover off.

That way I get better gas mileage.

If I'm just going a couple of miles from home, sometimes I'll leave the cover on, especially if it's raining! 

If I'm just going a couple of miles and have the cover on, I can see the impression of the sawmill as the wind force is pushing on the cover (at 30 mph), so I know it would make a big difference at highway speeds!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

jcbrotz

I am still trying to finger out if these fit my mill its a kubota. Nothing wrong with my cover but there will be someday I am sure.

I tow with my cover on almost all the tie only exception is sometimes a trip home to blow some of the sawdust out. My duramax know no diference with milage but a gassier may, mine is overkill for somethngs I tow and underkill for others.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Magicman

I always tow with the covers on, but always be sure and run the strap through the loops in the front of the cover.  That prevents excessive flapping.

My new "CBOTTLE" cover for the fuel & water tanks came today.  It is made with the same reinforced material as the other covers and looks very good.  I will give a report on it tomorrow. This is the cover that was introduced in the latest WM Way.  It was a bit pricy at $58.50.

delvis

Quote from: Magicman on December 13, 2012, 08:31:29 PM
I always tow with the covers on, but always be sure and run the strap through the loops in the front of the cover.  That prevents excessive flapping.

My new "CBOTTLE" cover for the fuel & water tanks came today.  It is made with the same reinforced material as the other covers and looks very good.  I will give a report on it tomorrow. This is the cover that was introduced in the latest WM Way.  It was a bit pricy at $58.50.

I like the idea of a cover for these items but worry about putting a black vinyl cover over my fuel tank when the temperature gets into the 80's and low 90's.  The cover will keep the sun from damaging the plastic but what will the heat be like under that thing? 
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

captain_crunch

sure makes me apperitate my cover

Never could keep me trap shut ::) ::)
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Magicman

Captain, you are a bad man, but I suspect that you already knew that.   :D :D

Delvis, you make a point about the black cover, but I have been using a "homemade" black cover for years with no apparent ill effects.  My problem was that my cover was not "Diesel friendly" and got hard and brittle.

Those cooler "Winter" temperatures that you describe;
Quotewhen the temperature gets into the 80's and low 90's.
are not a problem.  It's the "Summer" temperatures that concern me.   ;D

Magicman

The fuel/lube tank cover is very well constructed using the same (nylon?) reinforced material as the other covers and should last many years.  I was and am pleased.  That $58.50 ain't bad after all.   ;D

Now I am completely covered with new covers.   ;D

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Well, I think that about covers it.  :D

Herb

Thank You Sponsors!