iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

McGill cam follower number for track

Started by mmartone, February 17, 2013, 10:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Anyone know the McGill number? Theres lots of these on Ebay and I'm going to replace all six of mine as well as the guide bearings and upper blade bearing.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Bibbyman

Have you looked in you're Wood-Mizer parts manual?  Often times they list manufactur and part number.  May get lucky.

I've got some new ones but not going back out tonight.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

mmartone

Had a look but it appears that they make many different 1 1/2 cam followers...
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Magicman

I did some searching once to try to beat the WM price for the cam followers.  The end result was the same as it has always been.  I get my replacement parts from WM.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

A couple of months back I spotted an ad on eBay for cam bearings sold by Wood-Mizer with Wood-Mizer part numbers.  The same guy had Wood-Mizer guide rollers.     All were were at a good price.   I should have bought the lot but him-hawed around until all but two of the guide rollers were gone.  He had marked them down to about half of new cost.   I got them ordered and in a couple of days they were delivered packaged in Wood-Mizer padded envelopes. 
Sawing since '94

Magicman

Kinda makes you wonder whether they were "back door" items??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

The person selling the parts was north of Kansas City.  I can see were these may be spare parts no longer needed if he sold an LT40. 
Sawing since '94

drobertson

this makes sense, someone that planed ahead, maybe did'nt figure on selling out,  the last set I got was made by Carter, 16.39ea. they have held up quite well, only drawback it the slot head rather than the hex head. Not a real prob, just a difference in tools required for installing,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

When I sold my Kubota the spare parts went with it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

Maybe overstock?   We have 6, count them, 6 new forward/reverse and up/down switches! Four of one and two of the other.

Why?  You may ask.  About every time we go to a Wood-Mizer event, Mary would get another pair!  "We may need one and I couldn't remember if we had a spare. "  She wouldn't consult me.

We haven't used a new one in years.  I just keep refurbishing the old ones.  New ones are over $100.00!
Sawing since '94

Magicman

I may have one to break tomorrow, but I do not have any spare drum switches.  Last year I called WM to order them but recanted after being told the price.  If one breaks, I'll just take a couple of days off.   ;D

I do carry the power and hydraulic solenoids.

Magicman

Quote from: drobertson on February 18, 2013, 09:11:05 PMthe last set I got was made by Carter, 16.39ea. 

Forgot to ask, how about some more info on the Carter cam followers?

Bibbyman

Quote from: Magicman on February 18, 2013, 10:43:15 PM
I may have one to break tomorrow, but I do not have any spare drum switches.  Last year I called WM to order them but recanted after being told the price.  If one breaks, I'll just take a couple of days off.   ;D

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,24023.msg352296.html#msg352296

Check out post #11 and see how I repair a drum switch. 
Sawing since '94

bandmiller2

Most all bandmill manuf.'s are small companys and just order off the shelf components.Some are fair with a reasonable mark up outhers will take a tuck on you.Some will leave the tags and numbers on the part,thats commendable.If a fella is making a liveing with his mill waiting for parts delivery is money lost.Be alert before you need something and scearch out sources or keep spares. Frank C.

A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

drobertson

Quote from: Magicman on February 18, 2013, 10:45:25 PM
Quote from: drobertson on February 18, 2013, 09:11:05 PMthe last set I got was made by Carter, 16.39ea. 

Forgot to ask, how about some more info on the Carter cam followers?
Will do, give me a few min. just finished my first cup, moving slow this morning,
CNB-48-S  CARTER  1-1/2"Cam Follower, Sealed  bout all I have on this, hope this helps, local bearing house,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Thanks, I do not have a local bearing house, but Google works.   :)

drobertson

Lynn, there is a difference of the bearing design, it looks like the wmz bearings uses a lil larger needle bearing than the Carter,  I will leave it at that, I'm not a PE, so I can only give my experience, it has been good,

millwright

You can go to any good bearing supply house with your dimensions and they should be able to match them.

Chuck White

Good one Bibby, I did that same repair just last Spring.  $$.$$ saved.

Quote from: Bibbyman on February 19, 2013, 01:39:55 AM
Quote from: Magicman on February 18, 2013, 10:43:15 PM

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,24023.msg352296.html#msg352296

Check out post #11 and see how I repair a drum switch.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Looking foward to the cam follower quick repair!

Thank You Sponsors!