iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plan ahead

Started by bandmiller2, February 26, 2015, 06:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

If you have an out of the way snow pile dump some sawdust on it, you'll have a place to keep your beer cold all summer. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

landscraper

This is the kind of practical, real world knowledge that separates the pro-sawyers from the wanna-be's.
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

DMcCoy

...and if you cover it with sawdust it will last a lot longer  8)

78NHTFY

....darn, I have an out of the way sawdust pile with lots of snow on it!  What do I do now? >:(  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Bert

That's a great idea. And it would be camouflaged too to keep the drunks neighbors out. :D
Saw you tomorrow!

21incher

A friend of mine's family has a cabin on Lake George that was made from a old ice house. It has thick walls that are filled with saw dust for insulation. In the old days they would fill it with chunks of ice from the lake in the winter and would have ice right into the summer. The only problem is you have to keep a eye out for bugs.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

drobertson

I've heard of tequila worms, but not beer worms ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dustintheblood

I've scraped away the sawdust pile in July from winter sawing and found snow.  Funny thing is that I thought the snow was so wonderful in July.... not so much in February  :D :D :D
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

bandmiller2

Critters love sawdust piles. My first circular mill was set up in the woods beside a stream/creek/branch the snappers would come up and lay their tennis balls, the coons would dig them up. I think the Lord made coons so we wouldn't be over run with turtles. I noticed a lot of little foot prints all over the pile, when I fired up the diesel kittens were running everywhere. A ferral cat had a litter in the engine house. When I would haul sawdust in july always big chunks of snow that showed no sign of melting. Frank C.

Chuck White

Quote from: bandmiller2 on February 27, 2015, 07:57:13 AM
Critters love sawdust piles. My first circular mill was set up in the woods beside a stream/creek/branch the snappers would come up and lay their tennis balls, the coons would dig them up. I think the Lord made coons so we wouldn't be over run with turtles. I noticed a lot of little foot prints all over the pile, when I fired up the diesel kittens were running everywhere. A ferral cat had a litter in the engine house. When I would haul sawdust in july always big chunks of snow that showed no sign of melting. Frank C.

I only saw "mobile" and many times I've gone to the mill the next day, after only sawing there one day (sawdust pile only about 3 ft high) and found Coyote and/or Fox tracks on the top of the sawdust pile.

I know they will get up on a high spot so they can get a better view when they're out hunting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

terrifictimbersllc

I'd never leave my mill where goats could get to it.  ::)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Doug Wis

I think a lot of people look down on raccoons. Just read a news blip about a Los angles supermarket being busted for selling frozen and bagged raccoons for 9.99/lb. guess they are a Chinese delicacy.  better look on those critters differently now
A man who says he can do everything at 65 that he did at 25 sure wasn't doing much at 25.

Evergreen Man

Just remember to remove the glands before sticking them in the oven or the smell will drive you out.
;)
I used to think I was crazy, then I realized: I'm the only normal one.

Ljohnsaw

Not to hijack this thread too much further...

I watched a show on NetFlix titled something like "the secret life of racoons".  About how they are moving in to the big cities and how well they can hide.  Also, how smart they are.  Check it out, very interesting.  And another about coyotes.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ljohnsaw

oops - scratch this one
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

ncsawyer

Quote from: Doug Wis on February 28, 2015, 09:55:03 PM
I think a lot of people look down on raccoons. Just read a news blip about a Los angles supermarket being busted for selling frozen and bagged raccoons for 9.99/lb. guess they are a Chinese delicacy.  better look on those critters differently now

Well one of these Chinese delicacies attacked my brand new car (less than 600 miles on it) on the way home the other night and cost $1,800.  Good thing it is a company car.

2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 28, 2015, 05:38:36 PM
I'd never leave my mill where goats could get to it.  ::)

smiley_curtain_peek
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bandmiller2

Only way I want to look down on coons is through rifle sights, their pure vandals when the get in your corn patch. When you skin one it will give you the creeps, thems that have done it know what I'am talking about. Frank C.

fishfighter

Coons are good eats if you know how to clean them. :D

IndianaJoe

An older friend of mine told me that he used to go into the city and find a bar where there were a lot of colored people an just say coon for sale. There would be money flying at him. when the price of hides were low he would get more for the meat than the skin.

Thank You Sponsors!