iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

posting pictures

Started by Den Socling, June 20, 2010, 10:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

It's been awhile since I've uploaded a picture and I'm a chunker with computers but I'll try to explain how to do it. Smart guys can fill in the blanks or make corrections.

When you reply to a post, there is an option to upload at the lower left hand corner. It says "resizes for you". I don't get that part. I just reduce the size of my picture before hand. If you make the widest dimension about 490 pixels, you should get the picture size under the maximum 60 kB.

This will take you to a page that looks a little bewildering. Just chose an album with "select album".

Now, along the left hand side, click "upload file".

Continue to click continue.  ::)

Now browse to find your picture and continue.

If you continue to be successful, you will get to recent uploads. Find and click on your picture and bingo, it's in your post.

OK guys. Lets try it.  

Jeff

There is a thread in the "Behind the forum" section of the Forestry Forum that gives some explanation on uploading photos.  If you simply can't figure it out, all one has to do is ask someone that knows how. Help is available for the asking.  Condemning the process in a post or complaining about it does not get your photos posted. Asking for help and understanding there is a method to the madness does.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,23851.0.html

Den has found his method works for him, others have found other ways as well, but the secret to all of them is to learn how to optimize a photo, or use the java uploader.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Den Socling

Thanks Jeff. That link takes anyone to everything they need to post pictures. Or they can chunk along my way. :-[

Den Socling

drobertson

Jeff, you have done an outstanding job on the use friendly options on the forum.  My only struggle was getting them from picasa to another file,  (thick headed I am)  But I seem to always be in a hurry.  time and patience is the factor. Just a great site, great job, nothing else to say.   David
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

Picasa is a confusing program. When you install it, the pictures are not really in Picasa on your computer. What happens is, Picasa, on install, searches your computer for all image files, then catalogs them. It never moves the photos, is just knows where they are all at.  Most of the time, photos get downloaded into my documents/my pictures, but they can actually be anywhere you put them, or anywhere you camera software may choose to put them.  Even trying to explain it is confusing.  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

drobertson

yea man, well, it is done here and I still love this forum, also it looks like you are showing off a bit on the avatar?  nice bass! We are getting some well needed rain and this only means the Jacks Fork will be picking up again!  I will send some picks of our Labor day camp. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

woodweasel

So I've uploaded a pic file to gallery,how do I select a pic and post?When I go to browse it takes me back to my pic files on my laptop, not my uploaded file in gallery?? Help!! Daniel

thecfarm

If you have pictures in your album this should do it,

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,than click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodweasel

thankyou thecfarm!!! ;D  daniel

bery

I'd like to thank the guys here that helped me figure out how to post pictures. The you tube like videos helped as well as setting up a gallery.

bery

by the way, that's all wild cherry, in the barn.

beenthere

Quote from: bery on December 01, 2013, 09:35:35 PM
by the way, that's all wild cherry, in the barn.

Fine, but edit that pic post and add the wording to it so the explanation goes with the pic.
Edit the post by going to it, and clicking on "Modify".  Then "Preview" the post before clicking the "Post" button. If still not as you want it, then edit it again.
No need to add another new post to the thread... when you are editing a previous post. Hope this makes sense. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!