iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Foundation Questions

Started by EBIC, April 03, 2021, 08:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBIC

Hi all,

I have seen a few other posts talking about this but would love some more advise.

I am currently waiting for my sawmill to show up in the mail and am trying to plan out what I can in the mean time.

Where I am feeling particularly confused is around the base/foundation the sawmill should sit on. 

I have a gravel driveway in front of my barn. Can it go right on top of that? Would filled cement blocks be better? 

Thanks in advance!

WV Sawmiller

Welcome to the FF. For a much better answer I'd include what kind of sawmill you are buying and where you are located and what you plan to saw. The more details you provide the better the quality answer you are likely to get.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

EBIC

Thanks!
The mill is a Woodland Mills HM122. I will be mostly sawing pine and maple with others randomly added in.

Jeff

My sawmill to show up in the mail.

I just had to type it and say it. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Southside

First thought was "Oh no, not the Post Office, it will never arrive"! :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

EBIC

Well it does sort of feel that way :D

Nebraska

I made mine from a frame of treated wood packed full of ground asphalt. It sits on 4x6 cross members attached to the wooden frame. It works fine..  If I did it again I would pour a raised concrete  pad  and get the mill a little higher up easier on the body.

Thank You Sponsors!