iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A thing of beauty

Started by Stephen Alford, April 24, 2015, 07:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lopet

Yup, once the wheel is starting to wobble not only the studs are wrecked most of the times the rim also.

Good idea on your bug defense, but I am trying to stay out of the woods when they're nasty. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

snowstorm

wheel studs can be a problem. that truck looks old enought that it would not have hub piloted wheels. there is only 8 studs that maybe should have been bigger and the load on board maybe a little to big at times. my f550 has broke a couple it has 8 studs the next year they went to 10. seems like the tq spec is 165ftlb. 

Stephen Alford

You lads are on the mark, rims had to be replaced. It has a 10 bolt hub,but is probably not original. Which by the way is no longer available as of January. At issue is a 7month winter, ie got slack on maintenance, lots of wheel chain use, and hauling 16' in a 12 ' box.  Snowstorm you are also probably right about a bit to much "what what"  some trips.  Downsizing is not as simple as it would appear.  Thing about "ol Petie" was if I could get it on she would haul her.   :D

This is my favorite forest cover type..."old dairy cow hangout"

Here is one last thing of beauty....... ok ..... almost maybe last..... :D

logon

mad murdock

Nice going there after the cows clean out the underbrush.  almost like working in a park! 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

SwampDonkey

Always like mature sugar maple forest, pretty much keeps everything else from coming up under except shrubs and herbs that don't get too tall. Start working in there and making holes in the canopy and then it's a whole other ball of wax. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!