iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Father's Day

Started by thecfarm, June 16, 2019, 05:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Happy Father's Day to all FF members!! Take the day off and enjoy the family.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

samandothers

Thank you and to you! Spent the past several days visiting with DIL, son and granddaughter.   8)

olcowhand

Thanks..
Best wishes to all you Fathers as well!
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Magicman

Thanks and my Father's Day Wishes also go out to you guys.

I will see most of my Family today with the exception of the Daughter that is on a Mission Trip in Exuma.  I just got a phone call from her and the caller ID said Nassau, BA. which is about 20 minutes "flight time" away from the Island that she is on.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Happy Fathers day to all the Dads
It's days like today I miss my Dad
He would have enjoyed the mill
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

rubberfish

Probably lots of dads on this forum.  ;)  ;)  ;)

I'll just reach out to all of you in one shot. Happy Father's Day gents.
Confucius says "He who stands with hands in pocket is feeling cocky"
Bob

doc henderson

Thanks everyone.  we are having a good day, working in the yard, pool and mill area.  and may God continue to bless you all, especially on this day.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Pine Ridge

Fathers day was great !!!! Met my daughter at golden corral for lunch, hadn't saw her since deer season last november. She will always be my little girl no matter how old she is, and i will always be proud to be her father.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

firefighter ontheside

I spent Father's Day at work, but I got some nice Blues Stanley Cup champion items from the wife and kids on Saturday.  Then some other father had a very bad Father's Day.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Mike W

Proof why you don't build the kiln indoors :o, looks like a bad day any day of the year, aside that, wishing all a belated happy fathers day to all here, hope it was filled surrounded by your loved ones, I was lucky enough to spend the day with my two boys and life long partner, a good day to say the least.  She even said "thanks for making babies with me", my response "My Pleasure!!" ;D

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on June 17, 2019, 08:51:06 PM
I spent Father's Day at work, but I got some nice Blues Stanley Cup champion items from the wife and kids on Saturday.  Then some other father had a very bad Father's Day.

Man FF, I have done plenty of those jobs on holidays and never enjoyed being the best person folks met on the worst day of their lives. I did my time and passed it on to the younger folks. Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving day (and Eve) fires with whole families assembled makes for a painful situation. You are with family doing your thing, and the pager goes off and you have to abandon your own family to help another. At first you are annoyed, but on arrival, you see the tragedy and do what you can, neglecting your own, who hopefully understand the value you are providing to others. If I didn't have that last little bit I could have never kept on. My family will never know what went on in my head (and sometimes still does) and I will keep that to myself forever, but that they allowed me to do it and supported me was a big part of what kept me going and got me through it. After 3 years, I am nearly recovered but the scars will remain. Seeing photos like this put me in a place most can't comprehend. Kudos to you Brother, it's a tough job and you are giving more than all but a few can understand. Take good care of yourself, and if it ever gets 'funky', look for some outside assistance. I should have done that. I was (and remain) stupid.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

firefighter ontheside

Thanks Old Greenhorn.  As bad as that fire was, it went very well for us.  My guys did a fantastic job controlling it with the aerial and then sent crews in to do a search.  Neighbors told us it was a family of 11, but they were out of town.  Still needed to be sure.  We had many compliments from bystanders and I shook a lot of hands from grateful neighbors.  I hear ya on the mental health issue.  I've been doing this for 27 years total and need to,do it for another 10.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, it's clear from the photo that you would never even consider trying to search ahead of the hose on this one. Surround and drown or hit it with the deck gun to get it knocked down. Viability in a fire like that is low. Glad all are safe. Keep your head on a swivel and plow on.
 I worked a 100 year old motel fire one time (middle of the night, summer, I think) and it was rolling. I was on a 3" hose team working the lower floor when they opened up the deck gun on the C side (behind us). The operator (mutual aid dept.) didn't aim the gun before he opened it up and I took it in the back, neck, and head as the pressure came up. If I wasn't busy, I might have gone back and taken his head off. ;D Claims he never saw us, I claimed he never looked for us.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!