Mom's cinnamon rolls
Wife's perfumed letter when I was overseas
Kentucky boubon on the rocks
freshly mown alfalfa
puppy breath

especially the second one
The essence of loyalty is reciprocity.

bull

BARK MULCH FRESH OUT OF THE LIVE FLOOR !!!!!  Mulch season has begun """"" Yahooo !!!!!!!
8) 8) 8) 8) Im in da money  8) 8) 8) 8)   

Slabs

Some of you would go nuts in my yard now with the Wisteria in full bloom, the Dogwood coming on strong and the Horse Sugar just fading out and the Hackberry about to open.  Dogwood blooms and Azelea blossoms complement the visual effect.

The fragrence (smells) are practically intoxicating.  I'm blessed to be able to live out here in the woods with all these naturally occuring fragrancies here in the yard.

Hope you have something to compare with it.

Blessings to all.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

OneWithWood

Yep.
Redbuds coming on, dogwoods starting to burst forth, forsynthia all aglow, daffodils been up for a while, poplars turning greener every minute, maples glowing soft pink, grass growing as fast as it can because the mower deck is out of commision - hey, wait! slow it down a bit  :o ::)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WDH

Have the polar bears come out of hibernation yet?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Quote from: WDH on March 29, 2007, 10:54:21 PM
Have the polar bears come out of hibernation yet?
Polar bears don't hibernate silly!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

How would you know ???
You can't seem to find a black bear let alone a polar bear.  ;) :-X

Not sure if hibernate is the correct term, but the females do at least hunker down for the winter to give birth, never leaving the den till spring or so if I'm remembering correctly.

WDH

I guess you are right, Boss.  DanG looks like a polar bear and he don't hibernate.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

inspectorwoody

Diesel exaust from the old circle mill I grew up on.

Wood smoke.

Chainsaw exaust.

This may sound strange but cow poop and hay....A mixed smell.  :D

Gadget

sawguy21

I prefer the smell of hay before it goes through the cow. :D The black bears and grizzlies are out and there have already been some unpleasant confrontations. Swamp Donkey, there was a big snowstorm in Prince Rupert last week and you missed it ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Modat22

have to add one.

The smell of home cooked fried chicken, biscuits and greens.

Haven't smelled the good stuff since my grandma passed away years ago.
remember man that thy are dust.

Chris Burchfield

My Grandfather's International Cub as a 2 -3 yoa child. Later in life, at 16, I cut yard for Mary Ann Mobely, Miss America about 1964, she was from Mississipi. She married a world renound ear doctor Shea in Memphis. I became their yard boy. They had an International Cub Cadet riding lawn mower that had the same smell.

My Grandfather's coal fired forge. Again as a small child about 5 -6 yoa. Much later in life, 29 or there abouts, I visited the National Ornamental Iron Museum in Memphis. As I stepped on property, I could smell the coal fired forges and knew I was in the right place.

Scratch cathead buttermilk busicuts near ready.

Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

clif

Some others I  like:  the pungent smell of the forest  in the Fall
                                the smell of Elk, ' cause that means I'm close!
                                 the smell of the sea
                                 the smell of digging for earth worms as a kid
                                 the faint fragrant smell of night blooming flowers

Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

jjmk98k

Bacon frying over a coleman stove on a chilly morning

Hoppes No. 9 Bore solvent

freshly burned gunpowder through a shotgun ( smell of freedom)

the right perfume on the right woman...... espeically southern gals ;)

Pizza
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

woodbowl

Nothing ......  Sometimes it is the best smell of all because when I saw all week with the wind blowing sawdust in my face, I am burned out of wanting to smell anything, plus we have 5 girls so I get sprayed every morning and evening with the latest perfumes, Lotions and powder. My kids sometimes say, daddy you don't know what smells good. I think about that and wonder if their a little bit right, but when my wife cooks collards, lima beans, fried chicken and corn bread ...... I think to myself oh yea, I know what smells good.  ;)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Sid

-A stove filled with oak on a winter morning
-Sugar cane cooking
-Fresh cut cypress
-babies
-The Okefenokee swamp in the  Summer
-Clean sheets
-Cows\Horses
-The river swamp in the summer
-A smoke house
-Money ! 8)

Thank You Sponsors!