iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

redissolve anchor seal?

Started by Brad_bb, June 01, 2014, 06:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

Recently started using it, and I have a cut with a cut lid for my brush.  Some of the left over started drying in the cup.  Can I redissolve it?  Will just water do it?  Alcohol?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

bandmiller2

Brad the thing I would do is take a small amount and try mixing it with water. You should soon know if that's the fix if not try the alkie. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Anchor Seal starts turning to wax pretty quick. I would think you would have to heat it.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bandmiller2

Some guys use Anchor Seal to tumble lube cast bullets, its kinda like commercial floor wax. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

It is water soluable.  Very hot water would do the trick, I suspect. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Left Coast Chris

I have Baileys end seal and it started thickening up.  Just added cold (sorry Poston) water, put the cap back on the 5 gal bucket and mixed well by shaking/sloshing.   It is a waxy emulsion I assume similar to Anchor Seal. 
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

WDH

Well that throws cold water on the hot water theory  :D. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Left Coast Chris on June 02, 2014, 10:10:46 PM
I have Baileys end seal and it started thickening up.  Just added cold (sorry Poston) water, put the cap back on the 5 gal bucket and mixed well by shaking/sloshing.   It is a waxy emulsion I assume similar to Anchor Seal.

Glad it work......I had no idea, I was just guessing a solution.  :) I started using Anchor Seal last year after learning about it on the FF. It has saved my crack lots of times.  ;D

Brad_bb

Thanks!  I'll try ...one of those.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 02, 2014, 10:16:24 PMIt has saved my crack lots of times.  ;D 
There are other ways of saving your crack.  Crack Spackle
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!