iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fire starting equipment

Started by JD_Kid, June 02, 2004, 03:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD_Kid

Hi ya's
now this is kinds strange  place to ask how to find fire lighting equipment  but he's the deal i have a heap of scrub to burn  and i want to burn in a line matchs or the old bic are not going to work doing this  what do people use ?? i don't want a flame thrower or anything too hevey as it's hilly  ,there is one that drips kero/diesel mix  but i cant find it on the net  any ideas  will help ..years a go my grandfather had a bit of copper pipe bent like a hockey stick with a sack wick  in the end  with a waste oil diesel mix that worked ok but ya had to light each bush ..thanks
JD Kid
I used to smoke camels but found them hard to light and kicked to much

D._Frederick

JD,

Have you thought about a propane torch? there are a lot of different types?

BW_Williams

JD, here's what we use for firefighting, drip torch is the term you're looking for.
https://www.malloryco.com/ItemDetail.asp?Part=&ItemCode=DT  
Use a 3 to 1 diesel/gas mix.  Around the house and log yard,  I like my propane torch as you can burn greener stuff, but it's too heavy to pack up hills.  The drip torch will last about a hour lighting piles.  Check with your local fire brigade, they may need training fires.  Use caution, start small.  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

JD_Kid

Hi ya's
thanks for the replys  propane is a gas ?? used in BBQ's and cooking stoves ?  i think we call it LPG ..anyway there is ment to be one  that takes a smaller bottle  like plumbers use for soldering   bout 2-3 inch round and 12 inch long   it has a spark in it like a BBQ starter  so if ya let go of handle it stops the gas flow  pull handle ya get gas and spark . like a long match  ..
catch ya
JD
I used to smoke camels but found them hard to light and kicked to much

Thank You Sponsors!