iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood

Started by smwwoody, October 22, 2011, 08:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

Loading a load of firewood on Treefarmer87's landing late last night.

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

TF87,

Why do you keep those short blocks of wood on top of your loader boom and on your loader seat?

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

zopi

Some nice toys in that picture...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

treefarmer87

how did they get up there ??? i saw them this mornin :D  let me know if you want more :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

SwampDonkey

So now I know who took my firewood last night. :D :D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

smwwoody

Under the cover of darkness Me and my son Dan sneek onto quiet little landings and load up all of your firewood before you knew what happned so look out anyone could be next
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

zopi

Bleh...want firewood? Come get it.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

smwwoody

Watch out Zopi Ive  been known to sell firewood in Petersberg and you aren't that far from there for me to get a free back haul and you wouldnt even know I was there. ;D

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Bobus2003

If you wern't so far away I could give ya about 5 loads.. And i'm not talkin pick-up, like this:

zopi

Quote from: smwwoody on October 24, 2011, 09:44:04 PM
Watch out Zopi Ive  been known to sell firewood in Petersberg and you aren't that far from there for me to get a free back haul and you wouldnt even know I was there. ;D

Woody
It would be fun to load...all blocked at sixteen. Inches.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

SwampDonkey

Just bring along a clam bucket instead of grapple and place a couple bulk bodies on the truck each with conveyor belt. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

nas

I might be cruising around looking for firewood too.  I just sold my last dry cord and it's not even November yet :o  What is it with this year?  Last year I didn't sell any until November.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

captain_crunch

Problem out west  is with Unemployment being as such every body and their brother are selling firewood so aint worth effort
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

SwampDonkey

It is if you burn it yourself and save thousands on the heating bill. :D

The farmer I'm cutting brush for now, cuts a lot of firewood. But, he uses a heat pump in the house. Looks like they use a OWB for the shop. But there is a story behind not burning it to heat the house. He fell from a ladder a couple years ago and darn near was killed. The steps into the basement are narrow and steep, it reminds him of ladders which he'll never climb again. He said it took ten years off his life from that fall. He said when he fell he just missed the knife on the wood splitter and was knocked out cold. His hand was all cut up from getting caught in the overhead door that he was fixing. That had to be all stitched back up.

doctorb

Swamp-

Sorry to hear abut his accident, but your story raises a question for me.....How well do heat pumps work that far north?  My old house had heat pumps and I hated them.  Cool air blowing around all the time.  If that's the way they felt in Maryland I can't imagine having to depend on one for heat north of the border.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

SwampDonkey

Cold floors he said, and I know it to be a fact because my feet are always cold at mother's. Your basement don't get to 80+ like with a wood furnace. ;D

I got a wood fire on right now, feels nice. :)

It was funny, I had to laugh later. He came running out of the house on the cold pavement in his sock feet one morning to talk. I happen to look down when I saw he had no boots. Must be getting toughened up some with those cold floors. :D :D

captain_crunch

S_D
I cut about 5 cords fer house,shop and mill office but as for selling it don't pan out But I give about same amount to friends who got no other place to cut any wood :) :)
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Ron Scott

Wood Heat Increasing.

U.S. Census figures show the number of households heating with wood increased by 34% between 2000 and 2010 – faster than any other heating fuel. Two states more than doubled their use of wood heat during that period. Yep, Michigan was one of those – with a 135% increase; the other state that more than doubled was -- Connecticut (122%).

BTEC Newsletter
~Ron

SwampDonkey

It's either that or go broke. Plus, your warm for a change. :)  8)

Corley5

There's a shortage of hardwood pulp for firewood in this area.  Demand has out paced production.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ed_K

After a week w/o power Ma. & Conn. will be doubling again.I sure was glad the Newmac furnace works on gravity.Only out for 30 hrs,but 10mi.down the road their going on 5 days.
Ed K

Bear

In CT we didn't have power for 6 days, good thing we've always heated with wood.  Had the Sister and brother in law sleeping on the living room floor the hole time.  My father had gone to the wood stove dealer and they were selling wood stoves like crazy,  they said they had there best week ever. 

Thank You Sponsors!