iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A worthwhile project

Started by caveman, March 31, 2024, 08:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

A few days ago, a fellow who was a friend of my parents for years got in touch with me.  He was asking if John and I would provide the wood for some doors that he is building.  These will be part of a historical restoration of a schoolhouse in Myakka City, Fl.  Ironically, the guy heading up the restoration project is my Uncle Walter Carlton.  

There are three doors that need to be built.  He collected enough pine yesterday to do one.  Gary, the guy building the doors, said that they will be painted so it was not really important that heart pine be used.  We gave him some pretty nice old pine and offered to provide the rest needed for the other doors. 

The Carlton side of my family has been in that area since around the 1850's.  A lot of Carlton's began their formal education in that building.  I hope to get some pictures of the finished project.

Caveman

Brad_bb

I love the dense tight ringed pine, but get so little of it.  I watch for people discarding 2x material where there are old houses.  Sometimes when they renovate, they remove dense pine boards that I've picked up.  
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

customsawyer

Yes Sir, I want to see the finished doors please.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

caveman

I'll try to get him to send me some pictures before and after painting.  
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!