iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heart Shaped Wedding Sign - With Pics

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, April 22, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Made this sign a few weeks back for Forum member Jemclimber, but could not show it until after the 19th because he had it made for another forum member and did not want to ruin the surprize.

Today Jason sent me an email and told me he wanted me to post the pics so here they.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Farmerjw

Beaver, hope this finds you and yours as nice as that you posted!!!!
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Jemclimber

It looks even nicer in hand. Thanks again BB, it was a wonderful day.   Here is a picture of the card box I made for them. 

lt15

Lud

Very well done!  The card box ????  Cut the cookies, bandsaw out the core??
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Busy Beaver Lumber

My pleasure Jason. Enjoyed making it for you.

Thank you all for the kind words. Really enjoy making the signs and will donate 5% to forum on any jobs I do for forum members on anything, be it routed signs or laser engraved or cut items.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Jemclimber

Hi Lud,
Yes the box had the four sides cut on the mill, then I flipped the cant and cut the square cookies to fit the ends and screwed and glued it all back together except for the top. I didn't like the way the ends looked so I cut some walnut veneer to cover up the cut lines.  I lightened the side slabs with a dado blade and cut a quarter inch slot on the lid for the cards.  I turned and fitted the feet. The heart was an afterthought, which is cherry. It's 4 very thin pieces laminated with tightbond and bent around a form.  Then I slotted the lid to fit it, sort of like a handle. 
lt15

purple otter

Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

21incher

Really nice. You really have gotten the inks and finishing down.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thanks Much Purple Otter, Mesquite, and 21incher

What is even more important is that i love doing them. It is a real rush to me to be able to create something that nice and personalized.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!