iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

finally registered

Started by saddletramp, November 08, 2006, 12:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saddletramp

Howdy from the Kansas Flinthills. Been lurkin around for some time. Yall answered some of my questions before I asked em. A lot of knowledge and fun at this place.  :P 8) Just startin out with a little lucas 827, 1976 dodge 440 3/4 ton D17 Allis and a whole lotta of dont know I cant. ;D Lookin to learn even more here and continue to enjoy just readin.
Horses dont git broke.Cowboys do.

ScottAR

Welcome!

Pull up a stump and sit a spell...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Jeff

Well were happy to me you Saddletramp. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

solodan

Welcome, Saddletramp
glad to see we have another swinger on board. 8)

Fla._Deadheader

Welcome aboard  ::) ::), Saddletramp.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

farmerdoug

Saddletramp,

Glad to have you here.  8) We will look forward to learning from you too. :)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum,saddletramp.Glad you are a member now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Larry

Welcome saddletramp.  Just curious...my recollection of the Flinthills is lot of grass and cows, beautiful but somewhat desolate and barren.  What kind of trees you saw out there with your Lucas?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

saddletramp

Well Larry we mostly mill bigbluestem, and a lot of nasty cedars. Cedars are Dang weeds out here, take over a pasture pretty quick if you dont burn every couple years. As far as bein desolate it is. Like it that way, more cows than cars. You are right it sure is beautiful. A lot or wide open. If you aint cought on yet the big bluestem was a joke ;D. We also have scrub oak, elm, hackberry and down by the river we got cottonwood(milled a 62 inch by 15 foot last fall ;D ;D ;D) sycamore, catalpa spelling? black walnut and white oak.
Horses dont git broke.Cowboys do.

Thank You Sponsors!