iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sausage Recipe

Started by Chuck White, November 26, 2019, 03:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Just got my deer cut up and most of it in the freezer today!

I have 7½ pounds of grind-meat and I'd like to add pork to it and make sausage!

Question is, I'd like to end up with "Hot Italian" sausage for patties!

Anyone have a recipe that would end up tasty and a little on the spicy side that they're willing to share?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

K-Guy

@Raider Bill
Sounds like one for you.

Chuck
I just did a search for " Hot Italian Sausage recipe Venison" on google and got lots of response including this one.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hot+italian+sausage+recipe+venison&oq=hot+italian+sausage+made+with+venison&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l4.25023j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

WV Sawmiller

Sounds good but I can't help with the recipe. I use a mild mix I get from a local sporting goods store. I think it is Hi Mountain brand. I think a box has 2 packs that make 12 lbs each for about $5/box. I buy cheap pork sausage and mix about 4:1 deer meat with pork sausage and we like it. I make meatballs with an ice cream scoop, we usually put 4 in a vacuum bag then squeeze them down into patties inside the bag then vacuum and seal them. I am sure you can find a good Italian recipe. Let us know how it turns out.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Looks like a bunch of good recipes!

Gives me a few ideas!

WV: Sounds like a good one that you use too!

Thanks for the response!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

joe_indi

Simplest way is adding some Indian red chilly powder. Available in a not too spicy Kashmiri chilly powder and a more potent Andhra chilly powder
The alternative is to see if you can get Bird's Eye chilly. Tiny , but very hot especially the unripe ones. I add them during the second mincing or later if I am emulsifying.

Chuck White

Sorry I'm late responding!  :embarassed:

I went to a local "deer processing shop" and got enough mix to do what meat I had.

I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a 6 lb pork roast to cut up and mix up with the venison.

Turned out pretty good, a little too spicy for my FIL, but he said it was tasty!

Thank You Sponsors!