iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Water level sensor, Eclassic

Started by stumper, January 07, 2017, 02:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper

I lost another water level sensor in my E Classic 2300.  I replaced this on at the beginning of the heating season and it did not even make half way through the winter.  I think this is the 4 one to go bad in 8 years. 

Does anyone no of a replacement to the CB water level sensor.  At $30 a piece I would like them to last longer.

Any thoughts?

DelawhereJoe

Your sensors are they immersed in the water, I'm not familiar with them, but I am used to pool heater sensors. If they are in the water and they go bad are they stripped of some of the metal on them, water quality is of big concern so is electrolysis. Both will strip the metal off and end there life early, if its not being stripped off and they are just going bad look at them to see if there is any way for moisture to get inside. You can also check to see if they are possibly being heated past there limit.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

stumper

sam-tip

Mine went out this fall.  Got a new one but have not installed it yet.  Just hot wired the old one so the boiler would work.  I check the water level frequently.  Its just a float switch.  Mine went out when turning heat on and water level dropped when the cold water from the pipes entered the boiler.  Once the water temp came up so did the water level. 

Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

doctorb

Mine went out last March.  Hotwired the sensor to get me through the heating season and then replaced.  No problems before or since.  My original lasted 7 years.  I can't think of what is wrong to go through 4 sensors that fast.  I might suggest a call to CB to find out if it could possibly be an installation versus a part issue.

They fail via fatigue over time.  The float puts upward pressure on the lever arm of the sensor, making the connection and telling your computer that the water level is adequate.  This plastic should not fail that quickly.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Logging logginglogging

My stove is a 2008 and I have never had to replace one. I should not have said that, but atleast I have red the posts about bypassing it to get by.

Thank You Sponsors!