iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

modified saws

Started by tony_marks, January 13, 2005, 06:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony_marks

theres no doubt some modifyers can get you better running saws..mine cut faster [with torque] by a good margin than they did stock..these are work saws not race saws.dave neiger ,just modified my olympyk 962...
  he made some radical improvements..it ll take learning to use the saw ,all over again,as its not the same saw..
  some factors that mite not be considered..
 if it oiled well enuff stock ,it may need some adjustment modified ,because chainspeed is so much faster.
  another factor im seeing is mabe an need for chain changes.
 im going to round filing again rather than square filing. at least for now..
 square filied is faster ,but at these chain speeds my square filed chains dull out faster.. now im not a master square filer so this may not apply to some of you.
  in short theres adjustments the user may have to work out
 if shes cutting a lot faster..
.i can recommend dave neiger an dan henry to anybody thats considering modifying a work saw..but be ready to learn how to use the different saw you gonna get back..after they do their thing you will have to make some adjustments in youself..jmo
  ii

Bobcat_pa

Tony:
I did not see this "chain difference" that you speak of.    Dan Henry did my 346xp & 357xp.    These are working saws.   Dan gave the 346xp some more power, and a much better torque range.    Dan's work on my 357xp gave it a lot more power without me carrying the weight of a bigger saw.    Their rpm's are up, but it has not really caused any change in the chain, sharpening, etc.    The change I do see is more power, and a wider torque range.        
Just thoughts--bob

Thank You Sponsors!