iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something to think about. Old is Beauty.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 05, 2015, 05:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This topic could go in a lot of places.
But in SAWMILLS & MILLING Topics, we write a lot about sawing barn boards, building barns, size, looks....etc.

This 4 minute video is worth watching if your building a barn or have an old barn.
Kinda makes you think you are what you build, and how you grow old with your barn. :)
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ykZC7Wako4
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

dustintheblood

Just spent the past two days high up on the Genie lift residing one of the old barns here on the farm.  Three boys (all under 15) helping raise the pine, and clean the mows.  Empty it will remain, but stronger than ever!!!
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

Andy White

David,
Truly a very good post you have put up. That rings so true of everyday life, and the trials and trivial things that help shape us. It is a great thing that we all have in this old life, so use it wisely, and waste none of it!   Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Andy White on August 05, 2015, 05:36:12 PM
David,
Truly a very good post you have put up. That rings so true of everyday life, and the trials and trivial things that help shape us. It is a great thing that we all have in this old life, so use it wisely, and waste none of it!   Andy

Well said Andy.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

woodyone.john

Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

plowboyswr

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Kbeitz

My old barn was put up in 1850.... New roof in 1930...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

47sawdust

Cfarm ,
Let me know when you're going,I like the looks of kbeitz's place myself.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

warren46

Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Kbeitz

This was always my best picture of my old barns.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

47sawdust,looks like you will need to bring a fishing rod when I pick you up on the way by.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bill Gaiche

That hits home David. You have a great day also. bg

wwsjr

David, I cannot express how much that video meant to me today, thank you so much for posting.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

whitepine2

Quote from: Kbeitz on August 06, 2015, 07:26:44 AM
This was always my best picture of my old barns.

If only these old walls could talk.... What stories they could
tell,enough to fill several books.

drobertson

On a hill far away,,, yea, good post,,  it's funny that really it's not so far away at all.  thanks for the post.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Thank you David.  I guess that we are all old barns.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dustyhat

Kbeitz, them pics look as good as postcards.

5quarter

Kbeitz...Great barns you have. That picture is reminiscent of where I grew up in upstate NY.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

fishfighter

If I posted a picture of myself, then y'all would really know what beauty is. :D Oh, I'm not dust old yet. :D

Thank You Sponsors!