iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grease guns

Started by btulloh, September 26, 2018, 09:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quilbilly

Had a powered Lincoln and Milwaukee, love Lincoln and have never had an issue getting it primed.
a man is strongest on his knees

Magicman

No way do I have enough grease gun use to justify a powered gun but I had grown weary of trying to hold the grease gun nozzle with one hand and pump with the other.  I even tried the one handed pistol grip but that did not work either.

I was at the farm this weekend and got an opportunity to try out my new Lincoln 1147 and the Lock-N-Lube.  I must say that I now have a winning combination.  The Lock-N-Lube stays exactly where it is placed on the Zerk and the 1147 handle gun packs the punch.  Away with the old one hand squeeze gun.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

btulloh

That's the same combo I ended up with and it's been  working fine for me. Not sexy, not powered, but gets the job done with no hassles. Can't make the rt angle adapter I got work though. 

Life is smoother with a grease gun that works.  Glad you found a winner MM. 
HM126

Tom King

I would have to count them, to remember how many I have, but almost all are Alemite's.  I got tired of replacing the cheap ones, and replaced them all with new Alemite's.

The one single purpose one is for greasing the front end of the dually.  It's a single hand pump one, with a four foot hose, so I can get it up over front end parts to come down on one that's in a hard to get to place.

Some have the locking end, but some don't, like the close quarters right angled one.

Then, there's the one for cornhead grease, for gearboxes, that doesn't have an end on it.

moodnacreek

I like to have a grease gun on every machine. The best ones I have are older blue Lincolns. Those 2 have thick L.E. synthetic grease [not cheap] in them. One stays on the log picker the other in the sawmill. Others are in holders on tractors. I have been buying the cheap black ones from tractor supply with no problems yet.

Edvantage

I was fighting getting my grease gun to prime. Bought a milwaukee and love it. Than I discovered grease tubes need to be stored upright in order to prevent air pocket when installed in gun. Old gun worked great after all when grease is stored properly. 

farmfromkansas

Changed oil in the new to me F-450, and it has zerks that are hard to connect to, like need a opening on the side of your typical grease gun end.  Anybody have a solution for it?  4x4 truck
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Banjo picker

I use the 18 volt dewalt like the guy in the video shows.....I would hate to do with out it.  Hold the end on the alimite and hold down the trigger.  I fill mine out of a 55 gal. barrel of grease that was in a  semi trailer I bought years ago.   Ill never run out of grease.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Southside

You can buy those side open grease deploying thingys.  TSC sells them.  I have a long needle that works for hard to reach ones too, snaps into my Loc-N-Lube to hold it securely then just put the tip into the detent.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

Magic is on it👆👆 I have the Lincoln side opening one, it works well for some of those impossible to get to zerks.
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

The slotted nozzle has to stay on the grease gun whereas the 90° is simply an adapter that couples to the existing nozzle/LockNLube.

Thank You Sponsors!