iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please welcome Turbosawmill

Started by Jeff, February 04, 2015, 04:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Its about time Jake! Welcome! ;) :)

Long time member Jake Peterson @NZJake and his Turbosawmill are now sponsors of the Forestry Forum!

Please take the time to check out some of the newest and cleverest innovations in swingmill sawmills at his website, and be sure to keep track of him down on his new Turbosawmill sponsor board in the Sponsor board section of the Forestry Forum.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I haven't had time to look at your website yet but I do have the time to Welcome you to the Forestry Forum as a Sponsor.
This is great.  :) Love the Logo.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Thank you for sponsoring the Forestry Forum, Jake!

I see you've been a member here since 2004, congratulations!  smiley_thumbsup   smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sprucebunny

Thanks for being a sponsor, Jake  8)

Those sawmills look very innovative.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

Welcome. Coming to the expo in Bangor,Maine in May???   ;D
http://nefpexpo.net/
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Thank you for your Forestry Forum Sponsorship Jake.  Welcome Turbosawmill
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

Thank-you for being on the Board as a supporting sponsor

best DGDrls

Ga Mtn Man

Welcome and thanks to TurboSawmill for sponsoring our favorite place to hang out.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WDH

Welcome Jake and thanks for your support. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

NZJake

Thanks for the welcome guys. Thecfarm... not sure yet regarding Maine. Just taking it bit by bit at the moment. My schedule is pretty busy right now commissioning our larger Gladiator mills.

Would love to attend the shoot out so will try and put some targets up for that one!
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

SwampDonkey

Welcome a board. Yep, that usually means we like sawmillers and the fellows with the innovation and expertise to make their mills.  And especially ones that stand behind them. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Just Me

I told my wife to win the lottery, but as usual she does not pay a lot of attention to me. If she ever does what I tell her to you will be one of my first calls. I want to play.....

Welcome

fat olde elf

Thanks for supporting the Forum. Saw videos of your equipment,sure looks interesting.
Thanks again.....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Hilltop366

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Weekend_Sawyer

Welcome and thanks for being a sponsor. How do you feel about Goats?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

NZJake

Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

NZJake

Thanks all for welcoming us! Hopefully we can stay long term. Maybe even get to meet some of you.

Cheers.
Jake.

fishinbill85

Hello all, new to the forum and sawmilling!  I just read the thread on "acceptable beam sag" for the TurboSawmill Weekend Warrior and felt compelled to post my experiences and thoughts about the mill, and pose a question or two for Jake.

First off, I purchased an 8" CS weekend warrior in August of 2014.  I'll spare the details, but the process of actually getting the mill was... not good. (Shipping and customs)  Upon the mill arriving, (the first time) I pointed out MY concerns with some quality control issues that I felt could be improved upon to Mike (TSM USA) and Jake.  Basically, all issues were taken care of at ZERO cost to me and to my satisfaction 100%!  It did take awhile to get them resolved (I received my mill this February 2015), but hey, things take time, especially when I am literally on the other side of the planet!  Jake called me several times on my cell to ask questions and clarify things that got mixed up in the pipeline.  Kudos to Jake and Mike on that!

Now, after I finally got the sawmill assembled and adjusted, I too noticed that the beam (mine is split in the middle with the inserts) had some sag to it, but not excessive.  I would venture to guess 3-5 mil?  I tried and tried according to Mike's instruction to get it straighter, but it wouldn't stay after the mill head passed over the center a few times under load, it would go back to that 3-5 mil zone.  When I sawed an 18' pine for a friend, I added the extension to the end and the sag went to close to 12-15 mil in the center of the beam.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I know I want the straightest lumber I can get to minimize having to dress it up after the fact.  I checked the boards coming off the log and while they do have some "cup" over the length of the log... they are the same thickness and dimension's over all, board to board, and 100% square.  Personally, I don't think I'll use it in it's longest configuration very often, so I believe the "cup" will be minimized on shorter boards with the standard beam sections.  It just takes some getting use to... The mill and the lumber.  All in all, it's well thought out but could use some polishing...which Jake is constantly doing btw.

Did I read in the other thread Jake, that you could put a crown on the inserts to make the beam bow up just a tad?  How would I go about doing that safely without kinking the tubes?  I think that would work perfect for what I need. 

Once again, a big thanks to TurboSawmill, Mike, and NZJake for making an innovative sawmill and backing it up with great customer service!

P.S.  The brackets worked fine for the carriage.

Looking forward to learning from everybody here and making some sawdust!
Good decisions come from experience... Experience comes from BAD decisions.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, fishinbill85.  It certainly sounds like Jake is earnest and sincere about addressing and resolving any issues.  That sawmill has some very interesting qualities.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

I haven't been on for a while, but I keep going back to the Turbosawmill website and drooling! From everything I've seen, the product and the company are great. If I ever buy a swingmill, Turbosawmill will probably be my first choice. The creative advantages over the old-style swingmills are significant. The monorail by itself should make milling far easier, and I should think, safer.

I haven't seen these in person, but hope to!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

John S

Thanks for the sponsorship, it is an interesting piece of equipment.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

grweldon

Thank you for the sponsorship Jake!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Just Me

I did not win the powerball, but maybe next time.......

Thank You Sponsors!