iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Out with the old....

Started by Magicman, May 23, 2019, 04:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

No, not the sawmill nor I yet, but...my Sawmilling Invoice Binder.  The old Cordura Nylon binder has served me well for 16+ years but the zipper went bad and it now unzips behind the zipper.  Searching for a replacement for an old friend was daunting and frustrating.  No, they don't make three ring 5½X8½ binders anymore, they are now seven ring.  Hole puncher to the rescue.  Cordura is not available and I did not want vinyl, plastic, nor faux so leather it was.

The new one holds the same size paper but it is larger.

It's hard to imagine how many $$$ have been invoiced while looking at that lumber scale. :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rooster 58

Man, when I saw the title,  I thought Magicman was gonna get a 40 super wide ;D

WV Sawmiller

Heck Rooster - I was worried about Miz Pat. (Not really - MM knows where is bread is buttered and it would take too long to train another one. :D)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Resonator

I saw the first picture and thought he was getting a bigger wallet.   $ :o $
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Magicman

Yup, I will agree that this is trivial, but I really dislike parting with that of which I am comfortable.  I guess that I was being picky so I had no idea that finding a replacement would be so difficult.  Anyway, I believe that I will be be satisfied with this new one.  eBay to the rescue.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Revival Sawmill

Put the old one in the for-sale section!  Someone is bound to want that mojo!  :D

thecfarm

My Little World is a hardware store. If you found something you like buy 2,because when you wear it out and come back for another one,it is no longer being made.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Which is kinda what I ran into.  A few months ago I saw one in our store that sells buyouts from fire/flood damaged plus bankrupt stores.  I thought "well that is like mine but mine is still good so I don't need it".  :-\  When mine conked I went looking for it but alas....gone.  :-X

When I was doing cabinet and carpenter work I used one of the aluminum kinda box folders but it did not work well for my sawing business.

Crossroads

Pretty fancy! I hope it gives you years of service.....
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!