iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TDC marks on a 24 hp. Onan

Started by joman, January 27, 2018, 03:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joman

Does any one know exactly where these are located?
89 Woodmizer LT40HD
Morgan LittleChamp Edger

Kbeitz

The timing marks, should be visible on the front gear cover, (under the blower housing) it should show, 2 major marks, 25 degrees and 20 degrees plus 1 degree lines in between. Those marks/lines should line up to a timing mark on the flywheel itself. (If you rotate the flywheel slowly, you should see a long harsh mark on the flywheel)
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

joman

If I remove the hose that goes to carburetor filter housing and look down thru the hole at the fly wheel should I be able to see it or should I remove alt. Belt and pully then remove shroud over flywheel to see it in order to find Tdc to check valve adjustment?
89 Woodmizer LT40HD
Morgan LittleChamp Edger

sparks

Here's what I found in the Onan service manual.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

joman

I found the Tdc mark on the fly wheel and adjusted the valves. Hopefully I did it correctly. The intake valves were good at .005 but the exhaust valves were to tight had to readjust them to .013
89 Woodmizer LT40HD
Morgan LittleChamp Edger

Kbeitz

They will even get tighter after the engine warms up.
I hope it's working good now.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

joman

After adjusting the valves I put on a new carburetor and cleaned the breather valve. The engine started right up and seems to be running pretty good without any smoke.
89 Woodmizer LT40HD
Morgan LittleChamp Edger

Thank You Sponsors!