Sponsors:

Axe Women Performance at LogRite Open House

Started by Alissa, April 01, 2018, 09:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alissa

Come see us chop, saw, Peavey log roll, and throw some axes at the LogRite Open House in Vernon, CT on Saturday, April 21st!! Open House hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you can't make it to Connecticut, check out our web page at www.axewomen.com for announcements or click here for our 2018 Events schedule to see where and when we're in your area!

Jeff

Crud, looks like you will be booked during the pigroast this year, but we will get to see you at least a couple of other times anyhow!  See you at Logrite and in Midland!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

olcowhand

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's in Midland (I presume that's Midland, MI)?
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Jeff

Yup, it's on the schedule.
Schedule of Events
Hilltop Boilers
Newfield, ME
March 17th and March 24th, 2018
 LogRite Open House
Vernon, CT  
April 21, 2018
 Skowhegan Moose Festival
Skowhegan, ME  
June 9, 2018
Portland Sea Dogs
Portland, ME
July 12
Ozark Empire Fair
Springfield, MO
July 26 - August 4, 2018
Middlesex County Fair
East Brunswick, NJ
August 6 - 12, 2018
The  Altamont Fair
Altamont, NY
August 15 - 19, 2018
Terryville Lions Country Fair
Terryville, CT
August 24 - 26, 2018
Hopkinton State Fair
Contoocook, NH  
August 31 - September 3, 2018
The Hebron Harvest Fair
Hebron, CT  
September 6 - 9, 2018
 Midland Brewing Company
Midland, MI  
September 22, 2018
Topsfield Fair
Topsfield,MA
October 6 - 8, 2018
Clarion County Fair
Fairmount City, PA 
Hopkinton State Fair
Contoocook, NH

olcowhand

Got it. Thanks, Jeff.
Now you can also add "Mental Midget" (meaning me) Doctor to you extensive resume.....
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Alissa

Thanks for posting the schedule Jeff, and thank you, "olcowhand", for asking! Yes, we are coming back to Midland in September and are really looking forward to our return to the Midland Brewing Company - the ownership, staff and crowds were Super-supportive and showed real interest in the heritage aspect of timbersports!! 

Our current 2018 schedule has some open time from Sept 12th to Sept 20th, then again after Midland, from Sept 24 to Oct 3....we'd love to spend more time in the area, and we're actively looking for any expo's, festivals, fairs or other venues that may be interested in the Axe Women Loggers of Maine performing at their event - we even do shows at professional baseball games!  

If any one knows of any such venues that might be interested, please let us know!! It is MUCH appreciated!

doc henderson

We throw tomahawks,  I called Council Tool and they do not recommend throwing any of their axes.  What brand/source do you all use for you double bit axes for throwing?

@Alissa
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Quote from: doc henderson on January 22, 2019, 11:01:56 AM
We throw tomahawks,  I called Council Tool and they do not recommend throwing any of their axes.  What brand/source do you all use for you double bit axes for throwing?

@Alissa

I threw up the Axe Woman signal and got this reply :)

QuoteThanks! I'm traveling and can't open the forum. I would suggest contacting Precision Axes in California though.
https://www.precisionaxes.com/

doc henderson

I was just in Oakland and could have stopped by. lol.  Thanks for the teamwork/tagteam.  I will look into it.  Scouts eyes will get great big if they see a full sized axe.  they may not get to throw it!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

sent them a contact e-mail.  gave kudos to the axe women and FF. :snowman:

doc henderson

Had a nice phone call with Sherri from precision axes.  I ordered the competition double bit razor with a sheath and extra handle.  Should be here in time for Camp Alaska med Feb.  (It is 49 miles from here, not in Alaska.)  Told her I got the referral from the axe women and the FF.  Thx. I will try to post pics of the ax in "axtion"

doc henderson

We have the Kansas state fair every September here in Hutch.  If you want to PM details I can check with the board.  Might have to find you a local sponsor.  Maybe our ER company can and inspire folks and drum up a little business. We always have chainsaw carving.

Thank You Sponsors!