iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

M tropic upgrade

Started by Jim Chance, November 10, 2021, 06:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Chance

I have an MS261 with version 1 mtronics. I seldom have trouble with it, but once in a while when I try to restart it it gets balky. When it does this I can usually get it started in "run" with the throttle open. It will not idle for a bit but eventually it will get back to normal. I got the dealer to look at the codes and he said they were good. He also told me that for about $100 he could upgrade it from V1 to V3 mtronics. He said the V3s were less troublesome. Has anybody done such an upgrade and did it make a notable difference?

axeman2021

Before you go for that $100 upgrade I would get a can of RedArmor fuel try running the calibration process from the manual and I bet you will see improvement quickly I also have the cm261.

realzed

Quote from: Jim Chance on November 10, 2021, 06:10:06 PM
 I got the dealer to look at the codes and he said they were good. He also told me that for about $100 he could upgrade it from V1 to V3 mtronics. He said the V3s were less troublesome. 
I didn't know this was at all possible..  Is the process just strictly a software upgrade by flashing it or do any of the sensors have to be swapped?  
For $100 I'm betting it would be only software - but I'd like to know more, when and if you get more info..
Thanks - Randy 

Jim Chance

There is a part they have to change. I think it is called a fuel solenoid. The part is about $60 and the labor is about $30. Even though it is called a "solenoid" I think it is a bit more complicated and actual contains the brain. Once they change it there is a little setting up to do via computer. My understanding talking to the tech was that when the solenoid goes out on a V1 or V2 they put the V3 solenoid in, not the earlier solenoids.

realzed

Very interesting - I'll have to enquire the next time I'm in at my local dealership to see what they say about it.. 
Thanks for the reply!

sablatnic

It could be something as simple as a periodically leaking needle valve -  computers and all, they are still sensitive to basic defects.

SwampDonkey

For the new FS561 clearing saw, the upgrade from the FS560, has v2 mTronics , different front end angle gear for a 10" blade, instead of the 9". That being said I've run the FS560 across 100's of acres of ground for 7 years before I got a new FS560. I have no desire for a bigger blade, 561 has same power. v1 has been very reliable and those saws put out a lot of rpm's.

Just saying. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim Chance

The saw has been working like a champ lately. No tune up kit, no calibration, no nothing. Either they did something when they had it at the shop or it responds to threats.

lxskllr

I have a poulanpro that responded well to violence. I had a saw stolen, so I got that NIB from a pawnshop as a theft resistant replacement. I couldn't get it running right, and the last thing I did before putting it away for a few months was slam it on the truck tailgate. After taking it back out, I didn't touch a single thing on the carb, but it's been running great. It's turned into a decent saw. It's still pretty junky feeling, and heavy for the power provided, but it runs great, and cuts wood.

Real1shepherd

^That'll teach 'er!

Like Sean Connery said in a fateful interview once, "They need a good slap once in awhile".

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!