iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log loader project

Started by logman81, February 11, 2021, 11:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Hey all thought you might like to see the log loader something of interest to some.😉. Not sure what im going to do with it as I have other things going on. Got a 36"grapple too

Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

Bought a nice 13hp power pack and joystick control valve for it too.

driftlessinwi

Sweet, can't wait to see what you do with it! What power pack did you get?

Crusarius

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

DeerMeadowFarm

logman81

Im not going to finish the project guys I'm unfortunately not going to have time for it ive realized.

mudfarmer

Too bad you are so far away or I'd buy the loader off of you. Been having a hard time finding a small loader anywhere nearby. Big ones no problem but not what I need.

logman81

im not sure how far away you are but appreciate it. 

mudfarmer

Quote from: logman81 on February 12, 2021, 10:18:14 AM
im not sure how far away you are but appreciate it.
Loooks like 7hrs one way and my gasser f350 would eat $10k worth of fuel there and back :D

mike_belben

An autocrane off a service truck.  Hold out forcone with a powered worm gear slew and a telescoping boom.  You cut and extend the mount over the slew base then build a boom between the base and stick.  Use the telescoping sectioj as your new squirt stick to mount the grapple.  Theres a small hydraulic winch in the base already. 
Praise The Lord

Crusarius

I am so desperate for a road trip I would make the trip just for the fun of it :)

mudfarmer

Quote from: mike_belben on February 12, 2021, 10:23:37 AM
An autocrane off a service truck.  Hold out forcone with a powered worm gear slew and a telescoping boom.  You cut and extend the mount over the slew base then build a boom between the base and stick.  Use the telescoping sectioj as your new squirt stick to mount the grapple.  Theres a small hydraulic winch in the base already.
Plan right now is in spring to ask a guy I know what is wrong with the old forwarder that's been parked out back of his place for years and if he wants to sell. THAT would kill a whole flock of birds with one stone. Those service truck cranes hardly ever pop up nearby either and the few that do are apparently full of gold and diamonds..

logman81

I got a guy thats interested in it for loading his woodmizer.

logman81

Then if all goes well ill be picking up a Lafont ss500 log splitter which will be a  nice addition to what is going to be whole new game changer for us over the tractor supply splitter. I might even get into building these splitters but with some modern design updates I like the concept of them.

logman81

Well I've decided to go forth with the project no one was serious about buying it so yup ill be working on getting the trailer road worthy first. 
Mostly putting all new modern led lighting, replacing any questionable tires and putting a new brake away controller on and wiring for lights and brakes.

Then it will be time for some fabrication for loader mount brackets. Once that's done I'll make up brackets for the power pack. Then I'll tackle replacing all the hydraulic lines with new on the loader and build a grapple hanger to mount the grapple to the boom. Ones thats done build some bolsters and hydraulic stabilizers to steady the trailer when loading. Lots of work but I think it shouldn't take more than four weeks total time to get all said and done if all goes to plan. I'm glad I can still use my old shop to do all this pictures to follow once the project is underway! Stay tuned this going to be fun.....

mike_belben

Looking forward to it.  Overcenter loader sticks are intriguing.  
Praise The Lord

logman81

mike_belben

Well for starters.. If i were trying to build a linkage thatll do that correctly and not bind up .. Itd probably be a lot of do-overs.
Praise The Lord

logman81

It is neat but its pretty simple engineering. It will make for a nice compact package on my trailer I can haul my tractor and other equipment and still have good reach. 

logman81

This is the trailer I will putting the loader on. 

mike_belben

is it a 4 wheeler or an 8 with stub axles and inners?
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!