iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snake hunting

Started by Raider Bill, December 09, 2008, 11:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

YIKES!

To me snake hunting should be done with a short double 12 ga ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEh8Y--EzdQ
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Texas Ranger

DanG fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ely

pass..............i am out on that.
i think amos moses was a little smarter than those guys.
you would expect that from a bunch of crackheads but those guys looked normal right up until they grabbed that 1st snake.

on a side note: we just came in off the right of way and we killed a ground rattler today 12-9-08 it is probably 46 degrees where we got him and the temp is headed south now.
thats just crazy to me.it the latest i have ever seen a snake out.

Lanier_Lurker

I had to stop watching about 2 minutes into it.  My skin was starting to crawl and I was getting right uncomfortable.

I don't know if any of them were cottonmouths, but some of them shore did look to be.

That just ain't right.   smiley_dizzy

breederman

I'm with Lurker  dem boys ain't right.
Together we got this !

LeeB

Now I ain't skirt of snakes, but I have to say them boys're plumb addled in the head. What you recon they ketchin em fer?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Warbird

I'd be willing to bet they have vials of anti-venom with them.

LeeB

Recon they're catching them to harvest more venom?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tim L

12 gauge sounds good to me ! either that or spot em from the boat with binoculars and throw a grenade . Take no prisoners .
Do the best you can and don't look back

Meadows Miller

Gday

I didnt get to see the clip (dialup tooslow ::)) Dad and i got one the other day on the back patio King brown 5'6" long and bout 2and3/4 dia we cought him in the middle of having dinner the greedy barsted was trying to hooff down a a frog 3 times the size of his head  :D so he was too occupied to see me walk a bout 6 ' away from him and gett the shovel gave it a tickle up on the bench grinder and also got a steel bar for myself gave the shovel to dad thats when Browny jerry'd on to what was happening spat the frog out and came toward us then did a ubolt and took off in the othe direction at a hundred mile an hour :D the old man and i where of after him too dad going just kill him WHOP He copped a drect hit about 6" back from his head from dad cut 3/4 though and he was still going then snacked him across the head to finnish the job
Thats the 3rd brown we have killed in the last 12 months  ;) They havent been that agessive so i think we wont have any for a while  ;) as when they are aggesive you know they have been nesting and have young ones aswell :o ::)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!