Previous topic - Next topic

Jisgren

Getting it together

Bruno of NH

Nice looking mill
Good power source
Is it power up/down and power feed ?
Jim/Bruno of Nh
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

VT-Woodchuck

Nice! Make sure your adjustment "feet" are well attached to the PT timbers. A big log will move the mill. Don't ask how I know!  :D :D

stanwelch

Welcome, Jisgren to the Forum and the LT15 Club. Great choice of mill.  You have a nice setup

I second the suggestion to make sure mill is secure to your support beams. Loading and turning logs will move the mill. I put 6x6 supports perpendicular to the rails and slide stops on these horizontal to the rails to tie everything together. This allows the mill to move some but stay level. A good Logrite cant hook will be a big help flipping logs and moving the mill back where you want it when it moves. I use the cross beams for primary support and the factory levelers for secondary support and fine tuning like this.

you can see the circles on the concrete where the mill usually sits.

Good luck. Let the fun begin
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Jisgren

Quote from: Bruno of NH on November 22, 2014, 07:31:51 PM
Nice looking mill
Good power source
Is it power up/down and power feed ?
Jim/Bruno of Nh

Thanks, has a nice diesel sound to it!  Just power feed, manual up and down

Jisgren

Quote from: stanwelch on November 23, 2014, 08:25:56 AM
Welcome, Jisgren to the Forum and the LT15 Club. Great choice of mill.  You have a nice setup

I second the suggestion to make sure mill is secure to your support beams. Loading and turning logs will move the mill. I put 6x6 supports perpendicular to the rails and slide stops on these horizontal to the rails to tie everything together. This allows the mill to move some but stay level. A good Logrite cant hook will be a big help flipping logs and moving the mill back where you want it when it moves. I use the cross beams for primary support and the factory levelers for secondary support and fine tuning like this.

you can see the circles on the concrete where the mill usually sits.

Good luck. Let the fun begin

Not sure I like how high the mill sits up on the stock legs.  May modify them to sit lower.  Have a 48" and 60" Logrights!

Thank You Sponsors!