iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanwelch

Week 10. 241.0#. 20.4# total so far.  I'm glad I'm losing. 

But, WOW Jeff - you are doing outstanding.  I hope I make it to the 30's before you make the 20's !!
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Jeff on May 08, 2020, 06:42:43 AMOh, I changing my goal to 210.

I think you should shoot for 207 - then it would be an even 100 pounds!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

We did a short video at the request for my oldest sisters daughters request to family to send to her dad. My sister and husband were placed in an assisted living  just 2 weeks before quarantine hit.

Anyhiw it shows a lighter version of Tammy and I. Tammy has  lost 40 lbs.

Happy Birthday Harold! - YouTube
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

fantastic job.  you guys look great, and I assume you feel better and have more energy.  nice video, your yard looks great.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

I'm running out of goals so added  and amended some.

This morning I defeated the nice organized number goal. 234!

277- 30 lbs lost
271- we have a 1971 mustang!
269- A new decade the 60s!
267- 40 lbs lost!
261.4- Stanwelch day! :D
261 I was born in 61
259 HAPPY DAYS DECADE!
257 50 lbs lost!
249 A new decade! Now in an era that @doc henderson will not see unless he goes the wrong way!
247 60 lbs lost!
246  Mr. Truck is a 1946 dodge
239  Another new decade! I'll get to experience the 30s in 2020!
237 70 lbs lost
234 its a nice orderly number to shoot for.

229  This is the decade! This is close to the goal
227 80 lbs lost

New goal amendment list

219 I'm in my teens again!Whoodathunk?

210. Is it possible? This was my fighting weight 40 years ago.

207. If its warranted and the right thing to do,  100 lbs lost.

doc henderson

at 18 you prob. had a bit more muscle, but if you continue to feel good go for it.  what year was your dad born?.  gotta be getting close.  a great example of determination and dedication, and love for self!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

EOTE

High 5's Jeff!  That has got to feel good.  Congrats!  (Not to minimize the accomplishments of the rest of the crew on this thread - I know they are working hard to catch up with you.  ;D)  This absolutely refreshing.  

When I got to my goal weight (215) 4 years ago, I have been able to maintain it within 5 pounds either way.  If you maintain your new eating habits, you will level out and continue to feel great at the weight you want to be at!
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Jeff on May 12, 2020, 08:03:59 AM
I'm running out of goals so added  and amended some.

This morning I defeated the nice organized number goal. 234!

277- 30 lbs lost
271- we have a 1971 mustang!
269- A new decade the 60s!
267- 40 lbs lost!
261.4- Stanwelch day! :D
261 I was born in 61
259 HAPPY DAYS DECADE!
257 50 lbs lost!
249 A new decade! Now in an era that @doc henderson will not see unless he goes the wrong way!
247 60 lbs lost!
246  Mr. Truck is a 1946 dodge
239  Another new decade! I'll get to experience the 30s in 2020!
237 70 lbs lost
234 its a nice orderly number to shoot for.

229  This is the decade! This is close to the goal
227 80 lbs lost

New goal amendment list

219 I'm in my teens again!Whoodathunk?

210. Is it possible? This was my fighting weight 40 years ago.

207. If its warranted and the right thing to do,  100 lbs lost.
What a STUD! Keep up the good work 👍👍👍

Jeff

Looks like my body is taking a break. I've not changed anything, but not noted  any weight loss this week. I've had  a couple plateaus like this.

Tammy and I went out under  the guidelines of the queen beotch of Michigan yesterday to get some groceries. We ran into two fellow incarcerated acquaintances. Neither one knew me until I made it known who I was. She was my next door neighbor of 36 years!

234.6. 73lbs lost.

doc henderson

might be my turn to loose a little.  still at about 180.  you have been very active, and I bet that is/was playing a role.  If you are out of projects, could do some walking in the yard or wherever allowed.  you have exceeded all expectations and usual recommendations.  so a little break to let everything catch up is not a bad thing.  great job.

doc henderson

what app or program are you using to follow you daily calorie intake?

Jeff

Noom. I had to pay for it after 2 weeks but It is a great tool if you can put up with the millennial lingo :D.   It includes a scanner for bar codes, a great database of foods, plus the ability to add your own. Usually I have to add my ingredients because my meals are constructed from scratch for the most part, but things lige frozen veggies and such it is handy, as you may not know exactly what all is in there.

As an example yesterday it was experimental supper time!

I'll call this a Cod and roasted cabbage and bacon chedder, Toasted Burrito.
Tammy says it's a keeper.

I added up all the ingredients and then divided it in half and it was 372 calories for the entire meal including the birds eye cheese broccoli.

Jeff

If anyone is interested in noom, I can send the download link by text that includes a discount if you decide to go the pay version after two weeks free.

stanwelch

Week 11. I'm at 241# same as last week. Looks like I'm at another plateau. I had to add two notches to my belts this week. Hopefully this coming week will get me into the thirty's.  

Jeff - you are still doing great. I think Doc is right - your body needs some time to adjust
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Jeff

For the first tine ever I can fit in my Logrite arborwear jacket Kevin and Tamiam gave me at least ten years ago. Tammy stoll it from me and now Im stealing it back!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

stanwelch

You are gettin' skinny!!  (I'm glad you kept your pants on for the selfie) :)

Planman1954

Wow Jeff! I've not been following closely and just saw the recent weight loss photo. You look like someone else! Great job man.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Jeff on May 15, 2020, 06:26:49 PM
For the first tine ever I can fit in my Logrite arborwear jacket Kevin and Tamiam gave me at least ten years ago. Tammy stoll it from me and now Im stealing it back!

Congratulations! That's AWESOME! Your feeling good and looking good 👍👍👍

doc henderson

thecfarm

I know I can't swear on here. I said it out loud, started with holy. 
WOW!!!!! I can see why people don't recognize you!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Doc, when does a person know they have lost enough?  I'm very happyeating the way we are. Im never walking around hungry, if I get hungry, I eat. I dont feel deprived of anything because I'm not.

I am beginning to note some real changes in appearance, but I feel good.

doc henderson

personal choice is a factor, and depends on your goals.  You can look up ideal body weight.  you can get your body fat content measured, usually by a dietician.  You can shoot for the high school weight, but you prob. had more muscle mass then, so could go lower.  at our age, not a bad idea to follow up some labs like cholesterol, and make sure kidney function is ok.  you do not want to start losing muscle mass.   Any time you are loosing weight, it is a relative form of "starvation" and can be hard on the system.  the fat is burned but byproducts expelled via breath, and urine.  thus the Ketosis diet shows if you are burning fat, and excreting ketones.  You may want to add calisthenics, or even mild weight lifting to build muscle.  but if you are thin enough, then you may start to gain weight.  so the weight alone is not always the answer.  what is your height?  You are safe now.  but I understand with the success you have had, might be good to establish and end point, and or to slow the loss down at some point.  you have made a lot of believers here Jeff.  

doc henderson

https://www.calculators.org/health/ideal-weight.php

this one says I am 24% over my ideal and i should weigh 145 pounds.  did not ask age.

doc henderson

further down there is a BMI calculator, and mine is 27.3 that makes me obese, but under 30 so not morbid.  BMI is recommended between 18 and 24.  

Thank You Sponsors!