iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

band saw mill project

Started by Vautour, January 13, 2019, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vautour

@ Hoopty .. i think you need as fast as possible to up but when you go down you need fine adjustment and use a speed controller.... that (B)cake looked delicious.. mmm
the Gospel is WANTED by the people in 52 Countries but made illegal by their Government

Hoopty5.0

Quote from: Vautour on March 25, 2020, 03:37:53 AM
@ Hoopty .. i think you need as fast as possible to up but when you go down you need fine adjustment and use a speed controller.... that (B)cake looked delicious.. mmm
Eh. I don't disagree, but I think its a minor detail in the whole operation scheme. I just upgraded to an electric winch to raise/lower from a hand crank boat trailer winch. It's amazing, and I'll measure the time to travel 1' just for the sake of comparison

Also, thanks!

Vautour

Finally Got my engine running after sniping 90% of the wiring harness(on the floor)... alternator is not charging, lost my 3sec fuel pump delay along the way, electric fan may not be working but these are easy to wire up independently,... happy with the outcome tho.. not sure i'd recommend :-\ haha   
the Gospel is WANTED by the people in 52 Countries but made illegal by their Government

Darrel

I'm sure there were easier ways but I for one seldom choose easy so all I can say is:

CONGRATULATIONS! ! ! 8)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Hoopty5.0

Is it quiet as you thought or louder?

Crusarius

I still like the idea of doing car engine. I have a 1.9 twin cam saturn that would probably work well. it is mated to a manual transmission that could also work for blade drive.

Vautour

@ Darrel...  tks ... it was pretty nerve wreaking yesterday going into uncharted territory while doing the snipping. smiley_beertoast(those are root beers by the way) i don't drink
@ Hoopty5.0..... Is it quiet as you thought or louder?... actually it is louder than normal because it has one of those Hollywood mufflers that the young kids put on there Honda to impress the chicks.. still not loud enough to use ear protection and still have a conversation next to it while it's running, but i'm gonna fab some type of baffle insert to bring down that noise or change the muffler altogether... 

@ Crusarius.... my next project with car engine would be a FireFly/Metro 3 cylinder with CFI (Central fuel injection)made like a carburetor but less complicated than a multi-port EFI... the older micra's would be good choice also (very small and lightweight).. i'm looking for some of those car's now and eventually use the engine and drop it into a cheap side by side for hunting.. 

Crusarius

Vautour, after this pandemic thing is over we need to meet. I have had many interesting crazy ideas that mimic yours :)

Since I do not get much use out of my snowmobile that has been very close to being turned into a side by side for a while.

I also have a pair of neon srt4's that need some love.

Vautour

Hey.. Crusarius.. i'm not allowed in your Country... Don't have a passport :D...once i finish my Dodge Truck with camper in the back i want to visit many States in the mid west... i was thinking how to eventually add a homemade "accuset" on my mill and this guy on YouTube "Mike Festva"  came up with simple idea...check it out if you haven't..  

Vautour

Purrs like a kitten... 8)

charles mann

Quote from: Vautour on March 31, 2020, 06:16:22 PM

Wanna come down and wire up my system? Im sure i can smuggle you across. I'll be smuggling myself if i cant get a flight out of vancouver.
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Vautour

@
Quote from: charles mann on March 31, 2020, 08:03:22 PM
Quote from: Vautour on March 31, 2020, 06:16:22 PM

Wanna come down and wire up my system? Im sure i can smuggle you across. I'll be smuggling myself if i cant get a flight out of vancouver.
 charles mann.. hope everything pans out good for your return home.. and yeah you can smuggle me up in your red helicopter, i'd like to stop in Wyoming and check out that large tree stump they call "devil's tower" and measure the diameter so i can build my super mega wide band saw :D... afterwards we could fly over the south border and check out the progress on the WALL... man that would be a trip of a life time.

charles mann

Which red helamawhopter you talking bout? In my profile pic? If so, i dont work for that company anymore, but even with my canadian employer, that same style machine cost bout $9,000 an hr to operate. 
Temple, Tx

Vautour

Well i took one of my smaller jack shaft off that had a gear reduction ratio and went direct from gear box to main jack shaft and went from 8 sec/foot to 5sec/foot for lifting my head assembly...so now i have to get a heavier chain and sprockets and  debating getting either a #80H chain or a double #60 chain(any thoughts on which is stronger would be appreciated).. and while i'm buying new sprockets i'll get different ratios to up the speed a bit to probably 3-4sec/foot.         .....@ charles mann.. i think i'll pass on the helicopter ride..low on cash at the moment :D

charles mann

You and me both. I work on them and cant even get a discounted rate. 
Temple, Tx

Thank You Sponsors!