iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber theft

Started by CTL logger, December 21, 2017, 08:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA_Walnut

Quote from: Brad_bb on March 31, 2019, 11:36:54 AMSo a $20,000 logging job could easily cost you $50,000 to get out of.  Makes you not want to own your own business.

Most legit insurance covers these liabilities.
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Ron Wenrich

If the insurance company thinks you did it on purpose, you won't be covered.  That puts you in a bad spot.  Go to court and admit it was an error, you might get the insurance to pay.  Found guilty of theft, you're probably out on a limb.  Best to talk it over with your agent or the company before assuming they'll pay for it.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

PA_Walnut

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on April 05, 2019, 12:07:12 PMIf the insurance company thinks you did it on purpose, you won't be covered.  That puts you in a bad spot.  Go to court and admit it was an error, you might get the insurance to pay.  Found guilty of theft, you're probably out on a limb.  Best to talk it over with your agent or the company before assuming they'll pay for it.

Good point. I don't think any insurance will cover fraud, or criminal activity. Of course, our illustrious "leaders" in Washington have proven that memory lapses, blatant denial, and standing upon the 5th can often prevail. :-\
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Leigh Family Farm

@CTL logger - I am interested to hear what they produce in discovery. "1 of 3 fellerbunchers" means that there are 2 other possible culprits. Also, pretty odd to me when you have high numbers of trees and only 1 red pine. Good luck and keep us updated if you can. 
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Thank You Sponsors!