iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sleep Paralysis

Started by Jeff, March 15, 2018, 11:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tried cbd to start. No results. Tried thc only after it became recreationaly legal here as no way was I adding my name to a medical weed government list. The results were remarkable and documented earlier in the topic.  When the doctors would try mood stabilizing drugs on me, mostly I would get worse, or have side effects with no help for the sleep paralysis. I typically use it once I feel like I'm within an hour or so of turning in and know I am in for the night. If Tammy is not home, I also don't use in case I'd have to go out for some reason. A plus is I can grow my own medication. Hopefully anyone coming to the pigroast will not be offended by this years crop growing inside the fence. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

aigheadish

I'm glad to hear you have found something that is helping. If I was coming to the pigroast I'd bring you a tie-dyed shirt so you felt more at ease with your plants. :)
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Roxie

Currently wearing her tie dyed Grateful Dead tee shirt.  :D

I have asked to be buried wearing that my jeans and in bare feet. 
Say when

Iwawoodwork

My opinion , that weed should be legal nation wide, even though I have only used the salve on neck after a fall.

Don P

I got a chuckle out of that Roxie. My aunt has always hated wearing shoes. Several times when they have been in mid "discussion" I've heard my cousin say "Mama, I'm gonna bury you with your shoes on!"  :D.

... Belben got ZZ Top playing in the jukebox in my head days ago.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Don P on July 15, 2021, 10:34:09 PM
I got a chuckle out of that Roxie. My aunt has always hated wearing shoes. Several times when they have been in mid "discussion" I've heard my cousin say "Mama, I'm gonna bury you with your shoes on!"  :D.

... Belben got ZZ Top playing in the jukebox in my head days ago.

:D :D :D :D :D good one.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Roxie

That threat if spoken to me would immediately reverse my course.  :D

Saw ZZ Top in concert several times and at one venue I had drug a coworker with me. She was just sitting there and a few songs later, I pointed out to her that not standing and dancing was akin to not rising for the National Anthem. 

Say when

mike_belben

I was too young to go to any dead shows but i saw bob weir after jerry died in an indoor theater and the nosebleed seats were fogged in pretty heavy.  

Still got all my TDK bootleg tapes.  Henry sings a line or two of dire wolf pretty often. 
Praise The Lord

WDH

Went to see ZZ Top during my wasted youth.  The acoustics were so bad in that building and they were playing so loud, that all you could hear was Wah Wah Wah Wah.  Didn't really make much difference  :D.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Don P

I knew I was aging out when I listened to Pink Floyd from 3 miles away and enjoyed it much more  :D

doc henderson

In KC we had the Kiki's soul accordion band.  Cajon music and with 12 horns in a small restaurant/bar Kiki's Cajon bar and grill.  you could yell something to a friend but hear nothing if the horns were blowing.  could not understand the lyrics so I bought a cassette.  remember those?  turned it on by the pool, then could understand the lyrics, and had to turn it off. naughty naughty.   :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Wudman

I just returned from "Southern Rock - Woodstock" (held in Woodstock, VA).  It was a 10 hour music festival (cover bands) paying homage to the Southern Rock Bands.  Virginia just legalized the product as of July 1.  The haze may have cleared out of the valley by now.  I attempted to stay on the upwind side of things.  :D

Wud    
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

moosehunter

@Wudman , my little sister was at the Woodstock show. Said she worked it so she could get in free. I think she said she worked the gate.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jeff

I forget what it is to look forward to sleep. Night is to be endured.

mike_belben

Real sorry to hear that jeff.

If i may ask, How is your blood sugar, and are you on statins for cholesterol?
Praise The Lord

Jeff

Mike, I'm on no other meds, my cholesterol has never been high and my blood sugars, even when I weighed 330, has never been an issue. I seem to have a defective braIn.  I'm at 2 years now with the weight gone.

mike_belben

:-\

in my travels trying to fix the wifes MS like symptoms i have come across a lot of other disease and brain info and have listened to a lot of cutting edge neurologists and endocrinologists lectures now.  seems like a hundred of them. the pioneers seem to be making great strides in preventing or even reversing alzheimers and related brain issues via dietary changes in their private practices, relating to insulin and inflammation complications that effect the brain in ways i cant even understand much less translate.  what i do grasp is many many people are getting it as a consequence of insulin resistance and also from statins to reduce cholesterol when cholesterol is a repair device, not the vandal.  

obviously im no doctor and i really dont know anything.  dale bredesen, david perlmutter and terry wahls are the doctors id be sifting through on youtube off the top of my head.  i bet those will suggest other great ones as well.

personally i am seeing refined sugar tied over and over as the poison at the heart of just about anything "incurable" today.  name a disease and i can find big name clinical research tracing it back to insulin. you cant get me to touch a mountain dew these days.

will be praying for you jeff.  you can try loading up on healthy fats that dont spike insulin and see what happens.  pecans, egg yolks, butter, olive or avocado oil, walnuts, swiss cheese, fatty fish. and fibrous leafy greens like broccolli, kale, etc.  see if that helps the night issues. my understanding is good fats are critical in the brain and are sorely lacking in our modern food supply.  lemon water and apple cider vinegar also have some important stuff in them. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

robert lustig is another name i trust to tell the truth no matter how unpopular it is at harvard or the american heart association. he is a neuro-endocrinologist. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

any history of kidney stones, gout or high blood pressure?  
Praise The Lord

doc henderson

You can have a spike in insulin without a spike in sugar, but that is type 2 DM, and diagnosed with a glucose tolerance test.  not sure it applies to sleep paralysis.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

mike_belben

The ketogenic diet (or anything that increases BHB) appears to have a lot of well proven clinical benefits in fueling the brain, reversing cognitive decline and inflammation which likely go hand in hand. This is one of many, many papers.

A new way to produce hyperketonemia: use of ketone ester in a case of Alzheimer's disease - PubMed

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!