Sponsors:

Trail cameras

Started by DDW_OR, August 17, 2018, 02:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDW_OR

i now put the SN as the camera name
and keep a list of camera SN, so i know which ones have been stolen

these are all from the Oregon Property

yes his spike grew crooked, I can tell where he ate because the spike drilled a hole in the ground
he was very thin
"let the machines do the work"

terry f

Walnut Beast

DDW_OR

I had just moved from Phoenix AZ
so in the morning i was woken up by a knocking on the house wall
and thought, "who is the idiot trying to break into the house"
got up, went into the living room where the knocking was
looked out on the lawn and saw a heard of elk
then the knocking again.
looked out the window next to the wall and saw the but of a spike bull
as he ate his spikes hit the house

"let the machines do the work"

Walnut Beast

😂. Bet you were surprised! Very cool 

petefrom bearswamp

So far I have had 5 Cuddys, all but 1 dead.
3 Wildgame innovations, 1 dead
2 Moultrees 1 dead, the other way too sensitive, took pics of cars on the road 150 ft from the camera and lots of brush movement.
The oldest Cuddys took the best pics and had a long pause between pics.
None have remote capability, I like to check my woods and cameras often.
Several nice shooter class bucks so far this year.
One Cuddy  has lots of traffic and way too many pics with only a 3 minute pause.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

beenthere

I have come around to enjoy the 20 second videos of each "event" that triggers the trail cam. Annoying when one fast growing wild raspberry cane causes the triggering of another video, but the critters caught moving about in front of the camera is better for me than a still pic. 

Have one game camera that just takes three still pics at an "event". It is a DNR trail cam where there are 100's of cams out around WI to collect wildlife info around the entire state. A wealth of information has been collected over several years, starting off with the elk herds initiated several years ago. Called their "Snapshot" program. 
Snapshot Wisconsin | A volunteer-based project for wildlife monitoring | Wisconsin DNR
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Walnut Beast

More American made in Wisconsin Reconyx Cameras!  These are the best video security and game video cameras out there that are used all over the world. And have been that way for years. The one open is the XS8 security camera and the other a XR6. They also take pictures but are known for the superior video footage. Worth every penny. Security one is 100 bucks more than the 600 dollar XR6

beenthere

Have you posted some videos of your Reconyx XR6 camera? May have missed them if you did. Would like to see some. tks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Walnut Beast

Ready to get more Reconyx out !! If you are looking for the best and the only rechargeable battery

Reconyx recommends for their cameras besides lithium is Tennergy. Just got more of the black ones that have a little more ah than the premium ones

terry f

Beenthere, once you go video, it's hard to do stills again😊I had so many pics that I wish was video to see what the real story was. Where all do you share your video's, I started putting music to some of mine and put on tiktok, or Facebook, those have been the easiest

terry f

This bull came by my driveway cam last night a hour after I left, the whitetail is a good one for Oregon 

beenthere

terry
From the trail cam videos, I load mine onto Rumble. Non-monetized and not public. I share the link with friends and family, including the FF members here. 
Music doesn't do anything for me when watching videos, so for that reason I don't add music.  ::) ;)  No offense meant. 

Several captions come to mind with this recent video. Think all four are yearlings and the doe will not let this junior buck get away with anything.

Said No, meant No
south central Wisconsin

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

terry f

Beenthere, no offense taken😊 I will have to look into rumble, but between tik tok and Facebook, I already have most of my day wasted😊. That is a nice buck, wow, I don't know how big it is for your area, but it would be a big guy here. I'm just starting to get whitetails around me, they say they will move the muley's out, but we will see 

beenthere

There are bigger bucks around so the neighbors say, but not that I capture on my trail cams. Maybe if I was closer to water, or fields of grain like soybeans within a half mile. 

Buck 8pt long points

This buck is just an 8pt, but seems to have a wide spread with long points G2 and G3. Visits the licking branch (mock scrape) then moves on past the trail cam. In 5 days on this camera, counted 9 different bucks from the yearling small baskets to intermediate 6 and 8pointers, and two similar in antler size to this one. No 10 pointers this session. 
I'm watching if the oat planting is drawing any attention, and none seen yet where the deer intentionally are attracted to the oats. Maybe if/when they head out it will be different. Maybe pulling the memory cards too often, but still seeing many deer on all 5 cameras. My entertainment.

south central Wisconsin

Walnut Beast

Nice buck! Sounds like lots of exciting action. The oats will be good for a long time. So sometime they will be feasting. Keep the pictures and videos coming 👍

Walnut Beast

A couple pictures of Mr. Coyote and a few bucks. The one is way out in the field to the left. Three different cameras and pictures that are on here were taken from iPhone from tv screen. 

terry f

Beenthere, your place looks like a park, nice bucks 

beenthere

It's a 3 acre black walnut plantation planted in 1971 on 10' x 10' spacing. Brush mow the grass once (or twice) a year and the walnuts take care of any broadleaf plants. Deer seem to like to run around in between the trees. 
south central Wisconsin

Walnut Beast

Beenthere are you a member of the  Walnut Council.

Anybody growing Black walnut trees or anything associated with them it's Awesome!!!

https://walnutcouncil.org/

I was at the National conference in Kansas several years ago and people from all over and the organization of everything from going out into the woods at various locations for demonstrations by Kansas Forestry Department to various activities was absolutely a great time !! Excellent organization and great people!!

beenthere

Not anymore. Good group. 
south central Wisconsin

Walnut Beast

A past Forester and a couple other guys I met have a few small plantations they started years ago not that far away. Pretty interesting. 

Walnut Beast

beenthere

Nice rack.. which trail cam took that one? 
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!