iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Preventative Medicine

Started by mike_belben, November 02, 2021, 10:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

You can pay the farmer, or you can pay Pharma,  which one do you think tastes better every morning?

That drive thru is only offering you a buy 1 get 1 disease folks.  Misery is on the way if you are living on caffeine, sugar and processed everything. 
Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

Makes one wonder how many of those pill bottles are counteracting the effects of the one before it. Or at least it does me. 

Don P

"Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food"
attributed to Hippocrates, but probably someone else's.

jimbarry

Quote from: mike_belben on November 02, 2021, 10:28:26 AM
You can pay the farmer, or you can pay Pharma,  which one do you think tastes better every morning?

That drive thru is only offering you a buy 1 get 1 disease folks.  Misery is on the way if you are living on caffeine, sugar and processed everything.
Don't eat processed food much. Maybe once every couple years, just to remind ourselves how bad it is. Coffee now, welllll, been drinking 6 cups of instant with milk for about 30 years. And sugar, that's kept to home baked goodies, no chocolate bars, chips, or candy. 
Two out of three ain't bad I guess. :) 

Crusarius

We have tried for the last several shopping trips to get some more wegmans bbq chips. no such luck. Another shortage thats going to cause price jump.

newoodguy78

Quote from: jimbarry on November 02, 2021, 08:15:59 PM
Quote from: mike_belben on November 02, 2021, 10:28:26 AM

That drive thru is only offering you a buy 1 get 1 disease folks.  Misery is on the way if you are living on caffeine, sugar and processed everything.
Don't eat processed food much. Maybe once every couple years, just to remind ourselves how bad it is. Coffee now, welllll, been drinking 6 cups of instant with milk for about 30 years. And sugar, that's kept to home baked goodies, no chocolate bars, chips, or candy.
Two out of three ain't bad I guess. :)
I'm with you there eat very little processed food, next to zero sugar filled snacks. Coffee however has a pretty firm grip on me. Only use cream or whole milk. Every time I try to cut back someone hands me a cup  :D think they're trying to tell me something 

mike_belben

I quit my coffee/splenda milkshake habit  maybe a month ago, switched to mudwater which is really expensive and strange at first but becomes appealing in time. Now that i dont crave coffee im drinking tea with raw honey, molasses and milk and dont feel like im missing anything.  

Im not the sick one but all the research ive been doing has me changing my ways.  None of those meds fixed anything but dietary changes have shown immediate results.
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

I do like a sandwich for night time meal, you gotta have something before bed. For that it is generally got a slice of Swiss cheese, minimally processed meat. For instance no hormones in the critters and no carageenan injected into the meat. Onions, peppers and lettuce. Home made bread to hold it together. ;D
Coffee I can take it or leave it. Gotta have some form of liquid in the morning to down by natural peanut butter sandwich. ;D I wouldn't drink orange juice if they gave it away, that's the most doctored up substance going. :D I can't drink processed apple juice either, I can drink cider. I make my own juice. Otherwise I find a juice without all of the chemicals imaginable added in, just water and sugar is all I allow. A good swig of kambucha never hurt no one either. :D

My Sunday dinners during winter are usually a home made pizza with real ingredients and no Chinese mushrooms, I buy Canadian. The cheese is real Parmesan, not that sawdust filled stuff from shaker bottles, good heavens. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

my brother doing construction would stop at a quick shop for coffee.  put in 4 pkts of creamer, a pack of hot chocolate, and sugar.  his triglycerides were over 600.  he stopped that and they came down to almost normal
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

mudfarmer

Don't go to town much but when I do, can't help but notice the folks lined up at the feed trough around dinner time. McD's, KFC, Taco Bell, lines in the drive through out into the roads, blocking traffic. Probably on a fist full of pills a day too :-\

SwampDonkey

Quote from: mudfarmer on November 19, 2021, 08:34:12 PM
Don't go to town much but when I do, can't help but notice the folks lined up at the feed trough around dinner time. McD's, KFC, Taco Bell, lines in the drive through out into the roads, blocking traffic. Probably on a fist full of pills a day too :-\
You ain't got a Tim Horton's. :D And drivers watch out for those hurrying to get there from down the road. I've had people 30 feet away on side streets shoot out in front.  "Yep, I know where she's going!!" A 95% confidence level in those predictions. No stopping the crazed and deprived. :D Lordy, beer cans along the ditch don't out number the Tim's cups. Drunk or crazy take your pick. ::) You'll never see me in a Tim Hortons.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Automation is driving on fat too.
You guys all ready hit drive thru windows. No reason to get out of the vehicle to get fat.  ;D
Than all the automation with cars too. Don't even have to roll down the windows anymore.
I work at a grain/hardware store. I load the grain into vehicles. No reason to get out, just press a button and the back door will open and close. Or just press a button to release the trunk.
I do know some people have mobility issue and that is great. But for others they will have the same issues too.  :o
Turn off that TV and put down the phone for a while.  ;D
I listen to other people talk. They know what is on TV any day of the week.
I know where the deer are at 8 at night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

If our governments really wanted to cut down on disease and death they would address the food industry and educate more. They jam pack sugar and sodium in everything, a simple glass of milk has 13g of sugar, 13g of sugar is a mini mountain of powder all in one little cup. China has actually been addressing this issue and are trying to get their population more healthy, it's getting out of hand. 
A1

mike_belben

so i have been running an experiment on myself for a spell now.. Eat a few days of real clean, and then a few days of junk. 

A few cheap entemanns chocolate donuts makes my joints ache.  Knee is killing me right now.  Knuckles all feel swollen. Hip and spine will hurt all night and keep me up.  

We were not designed to break down polyunsaturated fats.  I guess its because the double carbon bonds are highly oxygenating which somehow wreaks havoc.  I dunno, its over my head.  What i know is refined wheat, refined sugar, fake sugars, soy, lecithin, corn syrup and "vegetable oils" make me feel like crap.  No im not allergic per se.. I can function, i can eat anything and have an iron stomach..im not queezy or breaking out in hives or anything, but there is no question after quitting processed food then going back i can feel inflammation and arthritis pain now dramatically increase by a spat of crappy factory food.  

We were designed to consume saturated fats.  That is white,  solid at room temp  animal fats. From grass fed animals.  Meat animals store stuff in theirnfat and a beef aint finished until there is intermuscular fat within layers of muscle tissue so theres no trimming this off. Fat permeates a good piece of meat. 

Both seed oils ("vegetable oil") and grain fed animals are full of omega 6 and deficient in omega 3.  Omega 6 to omega 3 needs to stay in a ratio that is perfect in deer but outta wack in feedlot burger from tacobell and dinty moore. 

The private research and very long term data is totally out there that correlates omega 6 to all the problems that marketers told us came from lards back when proctor and gamble built the american heart association from nothing, into a massive ad campaign group urging people to switch to crisco which is a canned disease. Its chemically cracked, bleached and blended diesel fuel that is adding to our sickness and i can now genuinely feel it. 

I can eat all the potatoes and onions fried in lard that i rendered from a wild pig and feel good.  Make fries in vegetable oil and i hurt.  I can down all the raw honey, molasses or backyard maple i want. But corn syrup and aspartame, no good. 

Sadly harvard, mayo clinic and other big names appear to be well paid to keep telling us omega 6 is good for you against many many indendant studies showing it is the root of sickness. Something about oxidizing and free radicals.  

Every society that lets mcdonalds in gets sicker.  If you havent ever watched 'supersize me' that dude poisons himself before your eyes in a month on mcdonalds.   
Praise The Lord

Southside

Quote from: HemlockKing on November 20, 2021, 07:21:56 AMa simple glass of milk has 13g of sugar

If it's actually milk, as in from a cow, then at least here in the US that sugar is not added to it, it's simply a natural product.  Now if it's "oat milk, soy milk, dairy milk product" or any of the other things that aren't milk that are sold with the word milk in the label - then all bets are off.  

I have yet to see a soybean milking parlor, must be a rotary robot type with 5,000 stalls, but here is a multiple generation, grass fed, organic, almond milking farm for you to see.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJCTIPWPNtw&t=97s
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ianab

Quote from: Southside on December 09, 2021, 09:51:35 PMIf it's actually milk, as in from a cow, then at least here in the US that sugar is not added to it, it's simply a natural product.

Correct. 
Mammal milk naturally contains Lactose, which is a type of sugar. 

Cane Sugar is Sucrose, while most fruit have mostly Fructose. 

Now Coconut milk / cream  is actual juice squeezed out of a coconut. It's mostly saturated fats, so maybe not the best for you, But the 1.4% sugar is from a coconut. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

The only sugar that is any benefit to you is glucose.  If your cells don't get glucose to metabolize into pyruvate, to then combine with CO2 to make acetyl-CoA and ADP for the energy, your cells are dead. This involves citric acid and 8 other compounds along with a number of enzymes for it to happen. None of them other sugars are part of it, they have to be dealt with by the liver, broken down into other useful stuff or stored in fat.

The Krebs cycle. It's been a few years since I was in high school biology class, so I'm a little rusty. If it ain't in your high school biology text book, run.... :D

Berries are roughly half fructose and half glucose, the glucose is the only one of any benefit to cellular respiration. Basically your liver has to deal with fructose to replenish glycogen and triglyceride and break down a portion into usable glucose. You only get a net benefit of 10% of your calories from fructose because it consumes energy to convert it into useful stuff.

Contrary to what some may think, honey is mostly fructose.

Ianab

Glucose is the simplest sugar, and basically what cells actually use for energy. More complex sugars get broken down into glucose by your body so they can be used for energy. Starches are more complex molecules, but again get broken down into sugars, and eventually glucose.

Now our bodies are evolved to handle a certain amount of sugars. Grog the Caveman would have eaten fruit and berries he found, and dug up starchy roots and roasted them on the camp fire. Even raided bee nests if he was brave.  But overall sugars were in short supply in the stone age, and we are genetically predisposed to grab them when we can. Lots of other animals are the same, they love ripe berries / honey etc because it's concentrated energy. 

Now we still have the Caveman body. but the supermarket is loaded with sugary goodness... We aren't evolved to handle those riches. 

My 4X great grandmother was basically a stone age Polynesian. They had sweet Potatoes and fern roots, plus fish / birds shellfish, and some assorted salads to eat. Sugar was konini berries that they gave their kids as a treat. (BTW, they are still very nice bush tucker) 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mike_belben

i have done some digging into molecular structures but cant really keep up.  AK lectures on youtube is an overwhelming whiteboard explanation of the molecular processes.  im still full of confusion but have come to conclude from broad consensus in sources, is that pantothenic acid is an important part of coenxzyme A which is critical to breaking anything down.  carbs, fats, amino acids et al.

and that sugars being stored as fat isnt killing us, but oxidation and free radicals from polyunsaturated fats really, really is.  i can recite the stuff but still cant explain the whole system.  it doesnt run on 303 or diesel fuel so its out of my comfort zone. 
Praise The Lord

goose63

If people were to see what gos on the in the plants that processe some the food thy would fighting the cows for the grass. 

I pulled a reffer trailer for 30 years some of those plants realy smell bad 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

I hear ya Goose. I've been in the back of a few of them trucks loading spuds. You could smell what was in the last load. :D

SwampDonkey

I remember one time the store had fiddleheads in the springtime. They sprayed some kind of poison on them in the store. Never buy fiddleheads in a grocery store unless you like drinking poison. What a mess of garbage, I even doubt a worm would eat it.  :D

Roxie

It's my opinion that the way that food is stored and prepared has an enormous impact on your body. 

No plastic containers for me. No plastic bags. No Teflon coated cookware just old fashioned cast iron and stainless steel. 

Don't get me started on how wrong it is to get your water from plastic bottles. 
Say when

SwampDonkey

I here ya, especially on water. What a crock of nonsense. Now it's 'Smart Water'. It's not working!! :D

Thank You Sponsors!