iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2022

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2021, 11:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

103 yesterday and 100 the day before. All time records broke for this time of year

thecfarm

We are getting some water now.
Been raining all day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

59F and rain here. 3/4" so far and still coming steady.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Guydreads

70 degrees here in northern Spain. (First time posting on this thread). Sunny, absolutely beautiful

Nebraska

Raining this morning in the last couple weeks we had gotten more rain than we did from June til that point . Pitty it didn't come soon enough to help our crops and pastures. It's helping now grow grass. Fits though just read more of Danny's thread.....

Hilltop366

Hurricane Fiona is heading for northeast Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland.

Land fall tomorrow morning somewhere around the north eastern mainland or Cape Breton.

I'm at the southwest end so it is forecasting 50 to 70 km wind here but the other end of Nova Scotia and PEI is going to get double that and of corse a lot of rain too.

Guydreads

Raining steadily for the first time in months. Projected to rain for next week and a half

sawguy21

We are seeing unseasonably warm weather which is supposed to stay until the end of the month. No frost or morning fog which is unusual this late in the year, apparently the apples are not doing well and some forage corn still hasn't been harvested. At least the fires have died down.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

We had another 1/2" rain in the night. Tonight and tomorrow we are suppose to feel the wind off  hurricane Fiona headed to Newfoundland.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Coldest night we had for a while is coming.
 More of them too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

I had 44° this morning.

Guydreads

50 degrees in the morning. Sprinkled. Now a bit of sun, 62 degrees.

dgdrls

Sending good thoughts to our friends in Atlantic Canada
By all reporting there has been quite a bit of damage from storm Fiona.

D

Hilltop366

Not much damage here in the southwest of NS end but some places in the northeast got hammered, at one point the power company was reporting 80% of customers were out of power looks like around 50% now.

Most of PEI lost power and is still showing over 95% out.

Port aux Basque in Newfoundland got the storm at the same time as high tide which caused houses and sheds to be washed into the ocean.

On the brighter side it is sunny and giving a high of a pleasant 18°c for today. I will take a ride to the camp to see if there was any damage or trees in the road.

thecfarm

Started to rain here at 8pm.
Suppose to rain until early morning.
We are getting some water now.
52° now.

SwampDonkey

Was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, probably got to 65F when the sun came out. Sunday was also. We took the buggy and gleamed some taters from the fresh harvested field near by. Then mother went on Sunday and got 2 more pails up in another field near here, that will fill up our long ice chest and do us for several months. Nice russets. We had some baked on Sunday, they were some good to. Good flavor with some butter on it. Got to be the soil. ;) Sure beats the tasteless store stuff. I wasn't even impressed by the farm market potatoes. I'm no snob, but I know what is good and what ain't. :D :D

Raining hard here today. Looks like a wet fall ahead. But we had nearly 4 inches of rain in 10 days and that soil wasn't even sticky. Ground dries fast here after rain with all the gravel and rock in it. :D

Picked and froze 34 lbs of Concord grapes for later juice and jelly making. That was 4 - 4 gallon pales with the stems still on. Off two 8 foot long rows. I sure don't need any more grape vines. That's plenty enough work. ;)

Hilltop366

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 26, 2022, 02:45:36 AMWe took the buggy and gleamed some taters from the fresh harvested field near by

Is that picking up what the machine missed?

Guydreads

65ish here today. Cloudy, but no rain. I guess that 10 day was, as usual, false.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Hilltop366 on September 26, 2022, 08:16:19 AM
Is that picking up what the machine missed?
Yes. Found some nice sized ones to. But I picked anything 4" or longer. Doesn't take long to find many weeks worth of eat'n. ;D

SwampDonkey

Frost hit south of here yesterday morning, but it was 38F here no frost on the ground or windshield. Garden is still green. Got to 68F yesterday afternoon.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

48° for the low last night and pretty like that for the past few days. We are getting whipped by a tiny tail of Ian as it sweeps past at a good clip, just some sprinkles and now the sky is getting brighter. already 55°.
 I think they messed up today's forecast because it is supposed to be 85% overcast all day with a high of 55, which we are already at. If the sun pops out, and it looks like it just might, we will get a lot warmer.

As a weather related aside. I have had a digital indoor/outdoor thermometer with an RF remote sensor for a number of years that my Dad used to have.  I depend on that thing for a rough idea of conditions, especially in the winter. It's not an expensive one. This summer it pretty much quit working on the outdoor side and the usual stuff did not fix it. So I had this stupid Amazon gift card to burn up and I took a chance on a new bigger one with a color display as well as bought a couple of X-cut chains.
 Well the new one works GREAT! So good that I can even put the remote out in my shop and keep an eye on that temp. That got me thinking. The new unit will work with 3 selectable remotes (one at a time, just hit the button to select). SO I tried to find another remote to add, but it turns out only Amazon has them and I hate amazon.
 I took another look at the old unit I have and found that apparently all the new batteries I out in were not so 'new'. >:( SO with fresh batteries it works again. So I will use that one for indoor/outdoor as before, and the new one will be indoor/shop temps. This will save me some steps checking on the shop temps and I am a happy camper. :D :)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Batteries have been real poor the last 2 years. Batteries never used with expiration 3 or 4 years into the future are dead junk, not cheap ones. I put brand new D cells into a flashlight I had for years. Dim and fades to nothing. Pure junk. ::) Don't waste money buying a bunch ahead, they expire long before they say they do.

On a more positive note: I got to walking in the old blow down area of Arthur on the woodlot, the popple blow downs are all about eaten up by the earth and critters. :D Also I found 6 butternut trees where I had buried nuts in the dirt in that area, probably 2 years before Arthur. They are now over 6 feet tall and full sun. :)

doc henderson

you can put a sensor in a kiln, solar or otherwise, in the future 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

beenthere

QuoteBatteries have been real poor the last 2 years.

Not sure which batteries are the problem here, but I have good luck with the Energizer lithium AA that I use for my trail cameras. They last well, and they also store well. IMO
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!