iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Life can change quickly

Started by Patrick NC, August 10, 2022, 02:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

I have not been on since before you made this post.  I am sorry to hear of your dad's diagnosis.  I hope you are with your family now and have some better news.  

Patrick NC

I've been up here with my parents since Monday.  Dad is very weak,  but trying to do things to help. We told him we would take care of everything, but he is a tough old fellow.  Trying his best to do everything he used to. Don't think there's much time left, but we are going to make the best of it while we still can. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Southside

Make the time you have memorable, can't say anything more. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

beenthere

Let Dad enjoy doing what he can do in the days left for him. Pray that there are many for him to enjoy. 
He doesn't enjoy hearing someone say that they will do it for him, as that is sending him a message that he isn't up to snuff. Work with him. 
You are a great son to take the time to be there with him.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Guydreads

bigblockyeti

Prayers being sent your way.  My dad has parkinson's and it was caught early but it's steady, degenerative and irreversible.  He can still drive most of the time but those days are numbered and he just can't do what he used to be able to.  This isn't nearly as dire as a cancer diagnosis but it does help remind me, our days are limited.  We buried grandma a couple weeks ago on her 88th birthday, she was declining predictably and rapidly as of lately.  She didn't have to go into assisted living but probably should have and died in her own house.  She was lucky in that she got to live a full life and left no regrets as to things she never got to do.  Value the time you have.

Patrick NC

Been back in NC for a week now. Had to go back to work.  My wife volunteered to stay in New York to help out. I  went and got her a new camper and set it up so she could have her own personal space. Dad is set up in the living room because he can't go upstairs anymore. Hospice was called today. Don't expect it to be much longer. 
 My youngest brother was trying to get them to stay with him in Buffalo, but my Dad wants to stay in his home. He might have gone if it was just him and mom, but he definitely wouldn't have liked it. He asked my wife how long she was going to stay and her exact words were " I'm staying as long as you are." That seemed to ease his mind and allow him to rest. I don't believe I could ask for a better wife. Situations like this show you a person's true character.  Don't know what I'd do without her.
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

bigblockyeti

It sounds like you're making the best of not so great situation.  Great that you have a supportive wife that can take care of business for you.  More prayers sent your way for you and your whole family.

Tom King

Hugs to you, and a Big one to your Wife.

SawyerTed

Patrick, God be with you all.  May He strengthen you and your wife and give you peace.  I pray for your Dad for peace and comfort too.  

My wife and I both have lost parents after an extended illness. It isn't an easy time.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Nebraska

Hang in there. Sorry for the tough times.

barbender

Sorry for a of this Patrick, but thank God for your wife!
Too many irons in the fire

Walnut Beast

Glad your wife can be there to comfort him. Your wife loves you and is very caring! 

red

Thoughts and Prayers for you and your Family during this difficult journey 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

boonesyard

So sorry for what you're going through. Family is everything and thank God we have them to lean on and comfort us. Find the comfort you can
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Patrick NC

Family says be prepared anytime now. Thought I was ready,  but apparently I'm not.  Tough day. 

barbender

Sorry Patrick, that's a tough row to hoe.

Guydreads

I... don't even know what to say. I don't want to be the kind of person to say, "I know what you're going through," because I don't. But prayers are being sent up Patrick.

Patrick NC

My father passed away this morning around 2:40am. His fight is over and pain is gone. On my way to New York. 

barbender

I'm sorry to hear this Patrick, but thankful that he is no longer in pain. Your family is in my prayers.

firefighter ontheside

I'm sorry for your loss, Patrick.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Walnut Beast

My condolences. Try and look at all the positives of the past. 

scsmith42

Patrick, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WV Sawmiller

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I hope you and your family can remember the good times you shared with your dad through the years. You and any siblings are his legacy.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!