iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Uncle Al to the rescue

Started by Al_Smith, September 30, 2022, 08:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

My niece gave me a call .It seems mother nature saw fit to blow out a big limb out of a large soft maple that was a big tree 60 years ago when I was a boy on the home place .That barn predates the house that was built in 1919 ,post and beam construction .
It took me about 4 hours to clear that mess but what the hey I'm not a spring chicken any more .Not too bad for an old coot .

Al_Smith

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

Yep .I'll probably have  to pull my splitter later over  to split it .It left two pretty good sized brush piles .If they don't get them moved since my shop is on a half acre adjoining I have a tractor with a loader providing I can get it to start . I spent more time dragging brush than I did cutting wood .Modified saw ,doesn't take long .

beenthere

You have the easy part (chainsawing) done. The hard part is picking up all the pieces (splitting/stacking). 8) ;D

I have a hickory top hanging that has to come down. Similar to that one, but hung up by just the bark at 20+'
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Al_Smith

They could could "get-er- done " with a noodle job and a sledge and wedge routine . I also picked up a pair of less expensive Husky chainsaws they can't seem to get running .I won't pass judgement on them until I get them throwing chips .They look like the type people buy to trim the apple tree in the back yard once a year .I've never been skunked yet with anything, they will run . :)

SwampDonkey

Weekend warriors in the making Al. Team'um a little. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Jenny does pretty good .She's about like my second daughter .Some nearly 48-49  years ago her first steps were coming to me . ;D

Thank You Sponsors!