iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On to another job.

Started by Tom, September 07, 2003, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I moved from the job with the pond to this one about 20 miles away.  It's a property with several family members living on it. They all chipped in. I don't know how much I've sawed Sat. and Sun. but it's a bunch.  I'm eating good too.  We were fed Pot Roast, Creamed Corn, Corn Bread, Black-eyed Peas, Rice, Peach Cobbler and Iced Tea for Dinner.  Good folks to be around. :)

Sawing in front of the chicken coup.
Good entertainment is watching chickens. :D

There seems to always be nails.

We kept having to stop because the trailer kept filling up.

Stacking in the shed so we could go make more.  ;D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Looks like Syprus???
   Looks like yer eatin too good???
   How's the wings???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

chet

Dat dar menu sure sounds better'n,  da usual can of cold peas.   ;D

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tom

It's all pine. Mostly Longleaf but there are some Loblolly and two pond pines.  I hope to finish tomorrow.

I would go on a diet but they tell me I have to quit eating. :D

Shoulders are very slow to heal. Lots of pain still.  I stretch and work with them all the time. .....even when sawing.   The problem with sawing is that I don't move much and the shoulders just hang there.  There's not a lot of motion in pulling hydraulic handles. :)

Tom

Hoppin' John, Chet.  You can't beat it.  8)

Fla._Deadheader

Y'all checkin out the sawmillin outfits that the crew is wearin???  Check out them steely towed sneekers ;D ;D
  Same kind I was wearin :o :o ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

chet

Ya better not let Charlie find out yer eaten dat good while sawing he'll be pithed.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tom

Yep, Charlie sure is missing out on this Southern Cookin' since he moved to Minni-haha.

Percy

Hey Tom
Nice pics,nice boards, mills the wrong color :D :D..heh, sounds like a pretty good job. Which one are you? (in the pics)
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Tom

I'm the "robust" one in the red T-shirt. :D

biziedizie

Fla them safety sneekers were the first things that I looked at in them pics. :o Crushed toes hurt. :o I know, I've been kick boxing since I was 14 and at the time when we lived on Saturna island I was goofing around and kicked the header of the doorway, didn't mean to connect with it but I damaged my left big toe. ::) Still hurts to this day when it rains.

Tom those are some pretty nice boards. :) I think they feed you too much though. ;)
  What kinda chickens did ya get to look at??? Any other cool animals around???
  Come here and saw and you will have the Alpaca come to the saw and stare at you all day. :) And I'm not talking 15 or 20 ft away I'm talking about 5 ft. :o :D I'm still trying to get used to this. :D :D Sometimes it freaks me out to turn around and see him looking at me. :o :D :D

Steve

Tom

Rhode Island Reds and Barred Plymouth Rocks.

There were two dogs underfoot and that was all.  There is a field of Sugar Cane but it pretty much kept to itself. :)

Fla._Deadheader

I would have had a stick of that cane in my pocket while sawing.
   One time when I was in Costa Rica, we went way up in the mtns with a gold miner, to do some testing on his claim. We were above the clouds. It rained forever and when we went down, we wandered into a boggy spot in a pasture. We were treading about knee deep in this stuff.
  At altitude, you burn lots of energy workin hard. We finally got down and the guy I was visitin looked like he was gonna have a Coronary. The miner crawled through a fence and cut some Cane. We chewed on the sticks and you could feel the energy coming back.
  Gooood stuff, Maynard ;) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Bibbyman

Hay Tom,  

Maybe you should swap places with the guys pullin' boards?  I did this last year and it pretty much turned out a permanent deal.  

Can't say I've lost any weight but a good hard day of lifting and pulling and walking will sure build up a good appetite!   Nothing worse then setting down to a good "thrasher" mill some of these farm ladies can put out and not being hungry enough to put on a good feed.

Best meal I ever eat

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Ha! Me? With no appetite?  Ho Ho Ho  :D

I have pulled my share of boards and still do when the help is falling behind.  Lately I am just physically unable to reach or lift and my knees aren't working too good either.   I make more money pulling the levers.

I gave the mill to a helper one time to run (the LT40) who was complaining that all I did was walk back and forth and he was doing all the work. After about two hours I finally asked him how much money we had made?  He gave the mill back to me and didn't say anything else.  We had made about $10 but he didn't realize it until I asked.  To own a sawmill business, sawmill and all and make $5 an hour for two people just isn't today's wages. :-/ :D

Thank You Sponsors!