iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woo-Hoo! CL score

Started by justallan1, September 10, 2014, 12:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justallan1

I found this bandsaw on CL and finally got a chance to go take a look. Everything turned, the motor worked, so I took it home. I did the 2 minute safety check and cut some wood. It's worth the $200 that I gave for it any day.

Allan

WmFritz

That looks like a very sturdy piece of equipment, Allan.
Is that the manufacturer on the guard? Good find.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

Now you need to build something.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

justallan1

It's a Wallace 16". It was after dark when I got home so I'll have to check all the specifics today.
WDH, a decent bandsaw is the biggest thing I've been needing to make any more of the rocking horses and planes. I guess I'm out of excuses now. :D

Allan

5quarter

depending on the width of your band wheels, it might make an excellent shop resaw. good find.  8) 8)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

mad murdock

Very nice 8) congratulations!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

200 hundred is a good buy. I gave $300.00 for mine.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hardtailjohn

Craigslist strikes again!!  Good find Allan!!!  I use the heck out of my 16" bandsaw!!
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

justallan1

I got 13 blades with it, 4-5 different tooth count. I can raise the guide to about 6½" and it stays right where it should be. I did draw the motor down a little on some 5" green wood. Yup, I'm plumb happy with it.

Allan

Thank You Sponsors!