iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Score....

Started by Rusticcreations, May 12, 2016, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusticcreations

So a guy called me up today and said he had some logs he thought would be a shame to cut up and burn for firewood and asked if I would like to check them out.

I said sure, hopped in the car and took a ten minute ride to his camp, I get there and there is an assortment of oak, pine and hemlock logs.

I counted them up and there are 14 hemlock 18 pine, and 22 oak, the smallest of all the logs is a 22" piece of hemlock. The largest is a 43" (small end) oak all are cut 9' long which is perfect for me n my mill.

Guy only wants $100 for them all and 2-3 pine slabs.

I couldn't give him the 100 fast enough lol.

Now to find someone to haul them over for me so I can begin having some fun.

plowboyswr

20" between the guides on that mill... yep, you're going to have some fun alright!  :D I squeaked a 26-inch on mine had to take the push handle off and raise it to the absolute top and "bibby" (trim with a chain saw) the butt quite a bit but got it done! ;D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Magicman

Nice score.  I guess no matter what size sawmill you have, you will try a "too big" log.  I did this week and won....finally.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Rusticcreations

Hell if I gotta cut em all in half to make it work so be it. I'm not afraid to sweat lol

Cazzhrdwd

Quote from: Rusticcreations on May 12, 2016, 09:34:16 PM
Hell if I gotta cut em all in half to make it work so be it. I'm not afraid to sweat lol

And with a large chainsaw and bar it is easily done.
96 Woodmizer LT40Super  Woodmizer 5 head moulder

Magicman

Remember that "DanG" is the official Forestry Forum cuss word.  ;)  All of the others are....  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dustyhat

Go for it, it wont be the first log split and sawed :)

Rusticcreations

Guess I'll find out what I can really do with a harbor freight sawmill. Take er easy she'll either Go or blow lol

Kbeitz

Quote from: Cazzhrdwd on May 12, 2016, 09:53:09 PM

I would not say easily ....
Not inless someone else was running the saw...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

sandsawmill14

Kbeitz  i agree it aint no fun but after a couple hundred it gets where it aint know big deal just work like the rest of it ;D :D :D :D  but i just saw down 1 side with a 28" bar and take a wheel loader and pop them in 1/2 ;D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Percy

Quote from: Kbeitz on May 13, 2016, 03:32:56 AM
Quote from: Cazzhrdwd on May 12, 2016, 09:53:09 PM

I would not say easily ....
Not inless someone else was running the saw...
Im thinkin Cazz was speakin of "sweat" as opposed to cutting... :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

redprospector

I saw the title of this thread "Score", and thought someone had found some .22 LR ammunition.  :D
Good find! Have fun with it.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

tnaz

Quote from: redprospector on May 14, 2016, 01:27:37 AM
I saw the title of this thread "Score", and thought someone had found some .22 LR ammunition.  :D
Good find! Have fun with it.

Still laughing!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!