iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

postal delivery - a little lift

Started by rebocardo, January 05, 2005, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebocardo

I just received a package that was brought to the door while on-line. The mail man went and got my mailbox mail and hand delivered it with the second package as he was coming back when he saw me come out. He did not have to do it.

People complain about this and that public employee. I just wanted to say I am happy with my public service and I have a good mail man, good garbage pickup, and good local police. I think 99% of them are a-okay  :-)

isawlogs

I have a great postman here to when I'm outside and he see's that I'm there , he will drive up and give me my mail in my hands .... Guess he wants me to paye my bills ... 'cause seems to me that is all he ever brings me  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

postal delivery - a little lift? HAH! Not so sure.I jest got a package from Charlie. I'm scared to open it.  I am betting its got something to do with something I stepped in in another post.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Curlywoods

We have a great postal guy.  We are in a rural area(well it used to be anyway) and have had the same guy for over 20 years.  He is retiring sometime this year and I will miss him.  I can only hope our new guy is 1/2 as good as Lynn has been.
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Norm

Our postal delivery guy retired last year after 20 years also, the new guy is just a nice as can be. He drives a junker car with a bad muffler so now we don't even have to go out to see if the mails here yet..we can hear him coming. :D

MemphisLogger

My mailman is also my nextdoor neighbor--no, I don't live on Sesame Street  :D

He's been awesome (once he got used to my Bluetick). He'll take un-stamped mail and put stamps it for me and all I have to do is sharpen his garden tools once a year.

My boy likes him so much that he wants to be a mailman when he groes up--that or Spiderman.  :D  
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

GHRoberts

Mailmen, UPS drivers, FedEx drivers, truck drivers are always good to us.

I went to pick up 200bdft of lumber at a truck depot. Walked in to tell them I was there, before I got back to my truck the load of lumber was there and the fork lift person was appologizing for being so slow.

DanG

I wish I could be as upbeat as you guys on this subject. Our mail guy is a dead-head! :-/  I keep getting mail addressed to someone else, so I gotta wonder who's getting mine! ??? >:(

I'm on the brink of filing a complaint.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

DanG, been there, done that!
My guy delivers when he feels like it, IF he feels like it. >:(
Then he complains I haven't cleared "enough" snow, when I'm the ONLY one to have cleared the snow from my box.

Frank_Pender

I have two delicious woment that deliver my mail.  One of them was one ofmy students 35 years ago and her doughter was one of my students 10 years ago.    Both delivery gals sometimes leave their main route to come to the mill if I have a special delivery.   8)
Frank Pender

woodmills1

I have been selling a lot of the stuff from my mother in laws estate on E-Bay so I have been to the post office about 50 times in the last few months.  I live on the border of 2 towns and go to both post offices.  One town never has a line and the office is small the clerks are friendly and see to want to know whatever it is I tell them about my e-bay sales.  The other is larger, almost always has a line and while most of the clerks are nice thhey are more indifferent to my ramblings.  One clerk seems to be the "go postal" type and one other is just plain rude.  She even accused me of taking a free priority mail box and turning it inside out to cover one of the books I sold.  I almost had to unwrap it to prove it to her.  
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

rebocardo

> She even accused me of taking a free priority mail box
> and turning it inside out to cover one of the books I sold.

It is getting so hard to get free boxes for out of the country shipments now. I guess they caught onto me  :D

Pretty hard to do now since they print "this packaging is the property of the USPS and is provided solely for use in sending Priority Mail. Misuse maybe be a violation of federal law."

You should have asked for another box and turned it inside out for her.

woodmills1

I was really tempted to rip it apart and then tell her to repackage it, but I certainly have mellowed in my "old fart" days.  She has warmed a little now that I go there every three days or so.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!