iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenMac

I have never owned or used a sawmill, but have wanted one for many years. I finally ordered my choice of mills- a Cook's AC 36 with 69 horsepower diesel, sharpener, setter, and band roller. Hope I can make a few bucks with it.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

thecfarm

Good for you. You will like it.
Get a Logrite candog or a peavey. Sponsor on the left.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

KenMac

Quote from: thecfarm on March 02, 2019, 01:24:37 PM
Good for you. You will like it.
Get a Logrite candog or a peavey. Sponsor on the left.  :)
Cook's makes cant hooks and is including one along with 60 blades and other goodies in the package. If it doesn't meet expectations, I will certainly buy a Logrite!
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

Waggs

I recently built a homemade 36" capacity bandmill(still working the bugs out) It's powered by a (don't laugh) a 22 horse power predator engine. It has torsion axles so you can remove the wheels and make it stationary.

lovinfishin

Mid 70's Timberjack 230D, TD8 Dresser,
Woodmizer LT35HD 
Awesome Wife 2 kids a 2 great bird dogs (Weimaraner's)

Life is Good

MSteven

Woodland Mills HM126 with 14 hp. option
Brand new in 2019

thecfarm

Well your first post.
What's the plan for the lumber? :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tule peak timber

I always tell my guys...Where are you going , before you start out.
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

KenMac

Picked up my Cook's AC3667T, sharpener, setter, and band roller along with several other accessories and goodies on Thursday, 5/16/19. Sawed one log and determined that the mill is much more capable than me at this time. Also had a 40x60x14 pole barn built on Saturday. Got the mill in the barn and leveled today. I have pics, but cannot find out how to post them.

KenMac

Hope this works:

KenMac

Don't have any idea how two pics got on there. Sorry.

thecfarm

Looks like you got it. Good luck with the mill and the plan for it.

KenMac

Nebraska

EZ Boardwalk Jr 10ft extension, stationary no plans to move it or be a commercial entitiy,  just a nice escape from professional me. 100% dad toy.

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill, and welcome to the Forestry Forum, Nebraska!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

gdaddy01

I liked both pictures .

MiamiCityboy

homemade bandsaw mill with a 12 hp Chinese from Harbour freigt motor, cuts 36 " wide , I have to push her as hell. but satisfied so far. Huskawarna 24 " chain saw ,granty crane  home  made too.

rm snipe

nativewolf

welcome @rm snipe !  My wife and I spent a week in Tasmania nearly 30 years ago now.  Wonderful place, so much diversity in ecosystems from N to S.  Central Tasmania reminds me of my own backyard, rolling hills and lots of apple trees.  We even ran into a native of my home state living in Launceston, funny things you run into traveling.

Send some more posts on what you're cutting, forest there, etc.  

Liking Walnut

rm snipe

Gave it a quick 1st try this arvo before rain set in again, couple 200x30 off the top while getting hang of it then vertical 150x30 to replace the truck tray. Timber is white gum felled at least 5yr ago. Im happy with machine can't wait till weather brightens up so I can get stuck in.
Yes nativewolf Tassie is a beautiful place to exist people born here don't appreciate it enough.

Flyingpig

Bought a bigger sawmill, it's a Coutts portable mill, has a top saw, hydraulic carriage, hydraulic infeed, 6" Coutts bull edger, slab conveyor, trim saws and sawdust conveyor. Should be a really nice mill for oversized wood

Chuck White

Sounds like a real nice outfit, Flyingpig!

You should be able to process some goodsized logs on that mill!

Good luck to you! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Gere Flewelling

Cooks mp32 ( only one in NH that I know of)made several modifications to make it a more efficient hobby mill.
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

Cjross73

96 LT40HD, learning as I go
LT40, Stihl saw, Old green tractor

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Gere Flewelling & Cjross73, and congrats on the new-to-you mills!

Thank You Sponsors!