iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hard Maple

Started by EZ, October 30, 2003, 04:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Down at the shop I run a vacuum furnace. When we open up the furnace(which is about once a week) there are 4x4 maple post about 6 feet long inside that need change every time. Today we were open and I ask the Maint. guy, I wonder what they pay for them. He said $150.00 for a 8 footer. :o Is this the going price for hard maple 4x4, 8 ft, kildry. Just wondering.
EZ

woodmills1

4x4 i will sell you 8 for that price though they wont be KD. I bet once through the dryer they will be though. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Den Socling

One of our customers bought a vacuum kiln to dry Red Oak. Then he started drying Hard and Soft Maple, too. He can dry 3.5 x 3.5 Hard Maple in 7 days (to 6%). He's buying big vac kilns - about $120,000 a pop. We just installed his sixth kiln. The stuff must be worth somethin'  ;).

Thank You Sponsors!