iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Aspen fuels

Started by sawguy21, September 07, 2007, 11:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

One of our suppliers showed up with this environmentally friendly fuel produced in Sweden. The manufacturer claims it is a 90-100% full range naptha alkylat with a synthetic 2 stroke blended suitable for small engines, also available unmixed. Husqvarna is distributing it in Europe. Does anyone have any experience? FWIW, our Stihl rep immediately decided they would not honour warranty if found in their engines but it might not be his call.Aspen se
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gary_C

To me, that is advertising deception at it's best. That fuel is nothing more than another hydrocarbon product derived from crude oil. Having Aspen in their name implies that it is derived from trees and implies that it is somehow environmentally friendly.  ::)

Their only claim to fame is their fuel does not contain dangerous hydrocarbons like benzene. However the biggest threat to the environment is the products of combuston and there is no information about the exhaust of these engines being any different when burning "Aspen Fuels."
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

LT40HDD51

Environmentally, there are numerous benefits, e.g. the formation of ground-level ozone (smog) is reduced by more than 50 %.
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

Sprucegum

I'm with GaryC, maybe in Swedish Aspen means something different but here it means they are trying to seduce me with misleading catchphrases. For that reason I would not buy even if it is a good fuel.

sawguy21

Does that mean that 70's rust bucket Dodge by the same name was supposed to be environmentally friendly too? :D :D I suspect they were just looking for a catchy English sounding moniker and did not realize the connotations in our minds.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Sprucegum

Ya shoulda seen what happened when I drove the Duster  ;D   :-X  ;D

Dave Shepard

I'm glad the Avalanche never caught on around here. ::)

Dave

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Sounds like a marketing ploy to me. A lot of people can be sucked in by sneaky advertising.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!