iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my buddy Joe Otto again

Started by Den Socling, September 21, 2012, 11:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

Ah HA!  So I was correct!   :D

Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wonder can you buy the 3rd hand by the case? Sure would come in handy around the mill.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I think the one I had when I was a kid cost about $3.98 and I bought it from the Johnson Smith Company.  One finger is flexible latex and when you have your hand slipped into it, you can move the finger, which cements the notion that it is definitely a real hand that never leaves the stick. In the video, at 25 seconds, you see just a spot of his real hand entering the appliance.

Den Socling

So how does he take off both hands in plain sight at the end? And what happened the third hand? I think he's one heck of a magician.

Jeff

I had the whole thing typed up for you so you would understand and then remembered. This is magic. It's no fun to know.

Den Socling

Thank you. Don't spoil our fun. Magicians are masters of illusion and not sorcerers.

sandhills

Ok, I get the trick but have a question for all of you, this happened last year in a small neighboring town.  My wife and family went to see a magician/hypnotist and one of the things he did in his act was to mind read, my step daughter had never seen or met him before, he only asked three questions and hit it almost dead on with her.  She was thinking of "Scotty" their scotish highlander calf, with just the three questions he had it pegged down to something having to do with Scotland  ???

Jeff

With the first several questions I thought you really wanted to know. Whith the last couple I figured you really didn't.  :)

Okrafarmer

Sandhills, there is a whole science to that as well. I don't necessarily know how it is all done, but those questions are very strategic. If he could really read her mind, he could do so without asking the questions. It might be a really lucky strike for him to get it in three questions. "Something to do with Scotland" is actually pretty broad, as it could have also involved Scotch tape, Scotch whiskey, sheep, bagpipes, claymores, kilts, plaid, wool, or the Loch Ness Monster.

What if a magician performing in New England said "Something to do with Missouri, or that part of the country" That's pretty broad, because Missouri, from the perspective of someone in New Hampshire, is actually "near" almost all the states in the union, except the ones near to New Hampshire. ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!