iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Favourites icon

Started by sigidi, October 05, 2004, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigidi

When I first joined, and placed the Forum link in my favourites instead of having the boring old Internet Explorer icon, it had the Forum tree.
Recently I haven't seen the little icon anymore, have I done anything wrong with my end or have you guys taken the little icon off?
Or
can you send me a .GIF or .JPEG of the little tree so I can save it as the icon?

I'm not sure how it is set up but some sites you go to, the icon automatically comes into favourites when you save or you can go to 'change icon' and you can select the pages icon?

Not sure if this helps or hinders :)
Always willing to help - Allan

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Jeff

Not sure why Internet explore misplaces the favicon icon, but you can save it to your computer and then change your short cut icon to the one you saved.  I have mine down on my task bar like this.

Here is the link to the icon so you can save it.
https://forestryforum.com/favicon.ico

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sigidi

OOOHHH!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hey Jeff how do I do that?

That looks so COOL!!! 8)

Jeff

If you dont have it done now, right click on taskbar and click on properties. Then enable show quick launch. Once you do that, you can drag and drop your short cut on to your task bar.

While your at it, if you dont have it, thatbutton just to the left of internet exploer? Thats clear desk top. I use that button contantly as I have usually several programs open at once and it gives instant access to your desk top.  To get that, right click on an empty spot on your task bar again, mouse over toolbars and enable desktop.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sigidi

Hey Jeff,

no worries Sir - got it done with a bit of help from my Web designer wife!!!
Geese you type fast! I'm still typing this reply to you and you've already answered

But it looks really cool now. 8) ;D :D Thumbs up! Thumbs up! thumbs up!

One very excited fella! :D ;D 8) ;D :D

Ps. Yeah I love that destop shortcut, makes things reall easy

tawilson

My custom icons keep disappearing also. I found a little trick to restore them. While at the site, hold the left mouse button down on the explorer icon in the address bar and move the cursor back and forth a couple times. It restores it.  
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725